Page 1 of 2
Ok, first things first, I loathe classic rock (flame shield), yet I still jam a little on the drums with this guy at school during lunch hour.
I see this other kid I know who plays drums, and I invite him to take over the set.
He wants a "drum-off", so I lay down 3 measures of blast beat followed by fill, then pure thrash, followed by breakdown.
So why when this kid plays basic rock drum solos everyone thinks he's a god, but when I play over 230bpm with a single kick they think it sucks?

No appreciation for the metal maybe, or possily I just needed my double kick and my thrashcan style cymbals???
What did you hating Classic Rock have to do with anything?
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
eh.... why do you give a f*** what they think

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Maybe because classic rock solos don't sound like **** to the people around?
playing over 230bpm doesnt make you a good drummer... it makes u a fast drummer.. for what you know your timing could SUCK and all u do is randomly play fast.

but the kid that played slower could have excellent timing and accuracy and sensitivity of the drums... THATS what makes a good drummer.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
playing over 230bpm doesnt make you a good drummer... it makes u a fast drummer.. for what you know your timing could SUCK and all u do is randomly play fast.

but the kid that played slower could have excellent timing and accuracy and sensitivity of the drums... THATS what makes a good drummer.

This guy got it exactly right, what you played probably sounds like noise to them.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Alreddyded
What did you hating Classic Rock have to do with anything?

O, becuase I also tried playing outside my element.
So I guess that made me look like ****.

I shouldn't care, but emo like self conscieness gets me everytime.
and a goo drummer has "groove" like i like to call it. Their drumbeats are catchy, since i don't know u im guessing ur drumbeats just sound generic metal or are not catchy...well tht's my bit
its called dynamic look into it
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by thsrayas
This guy got it exactly right, what you played probably sounds like noise to them.

surely everything played on a drum sounds like noise!
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

that is EXACTLY what I was about to type.

That's like someone playing a beautiful chord progession and writing a great song (same as slow but steady drummer) compared to someone to has no musical sense at all and just plays as fast as possible to impress everyone around him, but fails miserably (little kid playing random notes out of scale as fast as possible on the high e string) (same as fast and full-of-himself drummer).
Yup.

I can play 300bpm on a single kick, in semibreves.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by awintergelid
then pure thrash, followed by breakdown.

Sense, This makes none.
Quote by awintergelid
Is chah puhh cha puhh cha puhh cha puhh catchy to anyone but me and brutal kids?

Apparently not.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Because death metal drumming is foul. When i hear song I want to feel a groove, a beat and "blast beats" just don't have it...

That said, most classic rock drumming is pish too.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by awintergelid
Is chah puhh cha puhh cha puhh cha puhh catchy to anyone but me and brutal kids?

are you an idiot?
Quote by awintergelid

No

Stupidly repetitve drum beats consisting of BASS SNARE BASS SNARE really fast over and over drive me crazy
Quote by GiantRaven
No

Stupidly repetitve drum beats consisting of BASS SNARE BASS SNARE really fast over and over drive me crazy

So true, if you want to impress people you have to put a little style and rhythm in your playing. They don't want to hear the same boring beat that's played faster than they're used to.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Okay.
So there is a collection of people here who believe I suck, a collection of who believe I can't play a steady tempo, and a few who back up technical speed.
It doesn't bother me that the groove of his solo was more appealing.
I just wanted to appear more technical, which I have seen doesn't work from the Green Day over Necrophagist views of 99% of all girls.
Quote by awintergelid
Okay.
So there is a collection of people here who believe I suck, a collection of who believe I can't play a steady tempo, and a few who back up technical speed.
It doesn't bother me that the groove of his solo was more appealing.
I just wanted to appear more technical, which I have seen doesn't work from the Green Day over Necrophagist views of 99% of all girls.

I'd rather listen to Green Day drums and i'm male

Technicality is not the be all and end all of being good

Get over it
Quote by awintergelid
Ok, first things first, I loathe classic rock (flame shield), yet I still jam a little on the drums with this guy at school during lunch hour.
I see this other kid I know who plays drums, and I invite him to take over the set.
He wants a "drum-off", so I lay down 3 measures of blast beat followed by fill, then pure thrash, followed by breakdown.
So why when this kid plays basic rock drum solos everyone thinks he's a god, but when I play over 230bpm with a single kick they think it sucks?

No appreciation for the metal maybe, or possily I just needed my double kick and my thrashcan style cymbals???

The ONLY drummer who gets to play over 220 bpm and not instantly fail, is the drummer from nile, YOU as a metal head should know this and respect the rules!

Plus what kind of metalhead doesn't lke classic rock, in you cant apreciate the CLASSIC riffs laid down by Tom Petty and ppl like him, how can you apreciate METAL? metal is BR00TAL and everyone knows that you need to be able to enjoy the roots of metal otherwise you aren't metal material. Without the roots you're just another 'Hardore' loser maybe you should switch over to that, and get a nice emo hairdo. :P

But you get an ecookie for effort, but ONLY ONE because you still got pwned, but it still should make you feel better.

Last edited by doomed1 at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by awintergelid

Cool rhythm and beats > speed.
Well, I know it's off topic, but why do people say classic rock drumming is bad?

I know some is, but have you heard Ian Paice, John Bohnam, Neil Peart?

/mini rant
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Fast does not equal = quality. I think John Bonham is god, not Lars Ulrich.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, I know it's off topic, but why do people say classic rock drumming is bad?

I know some is, but have you heard Ian Paice, John Bohnam, Neil Peart?

/mini rant

?

John Bohnman is an awesome drummer. Great feel, love those fills he does that cross over the end of bars and continue on into the next. Doesn't change the fact that most classic rock drumming is boring and lacks any decent feel to it.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by doomed1
The ONLY drummer who gets to play over 220 bpm and not instantly fail, is the drummer from nile, YOU as a metal head should know this and respect the rules!

Plus what kind of metalhead doesn't lke classic rock, in you cant apreciate the CLASSIC riffs laid down by Tom Petty and ppl like him, how can you apreciate METAL? metal is B00TAL and everyone knows that you need to be able to enjoy the roots of metal otherwise you aren't metal material. Without the roots you're just another 'Hardore' maybe you should switch over to that, and get a nice emo hairdo. :P

But you get an ecookie for effort, buy ONLY ONE because you still got pwned, but i still should make you feel better.

what about inferno from behemoth? or tim yeung from vital remains?(i think)
Up the Punx!
Quote by Dvnc
what about inferno from behemoth? or tim yeung from vital remains?(i think)

the dude from behemoth is an exception, because, even tho i don't think they're that great, the have one of THE MOST BR00TAL bannd name ever
Last edited by doomed1 at Feb 22, 2008,
^have you heard the drummer? Listen to slaves shall serve for a good example.
Edit: besides, there have been like four different drummers in Nile. They are all amazing, but which one are you talking about?
link for the behemoth vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oey85FGHOHc&feature=related
Up the Punx!
Last edited by Dvnc at Feb 22, 2008,
Page 1 of 2