Stuff like Gn'R, EVH, Led Zep, Motley Crue. Intermediate skill, thanks.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

i like how you listed three bands that only have one guitarist. but try Iron Maiden, they're the best for dual guitar playing
JordanFlayer uses:

Fender and Yamaha Guitars
Ernie Ball .11-.54 Strings
Marshall and Peavey Amps
MXR Pedals
Fender Medium Picks

Number 45 of the Iron Maiden are Gods club- 'PM Revelations to join

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /

Yeah I know, but I was looking for music in that style.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by JordanFlayer
i like how you listed three bands that only have one guitarist. but try Iron Maiden, they're the best for dual guitar playing

Very good point about the bands listed haha, although they do double-track in the studio and put leads over the top so I guess that's what TS means.

And yeah, Iron Maiden are also great for a triple-guitar onslaught these days, though it's rare all three are playing in harmony rather than one playing rhythm and two harmonising each other during lead passages.

I'd suggest, surprisingly the 'metal elite' will think, Avenged Sevenfold as someone said above as they use a lot of inter-locking harmonies, where it isn't just major and minor thirds.

Also, a classic example of harmony is Hotel California by The Eagles/Clapton. The end passage alone is a great introduction to writing suspense-building melodies.
skynard in freebird
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JordanFlayer

GnR has 2 guitarists(slash-era ofc).
Quote by Local666Union
GnR has 2 guitarists(slash-era ofc).

That was his point! Of the four bands listed, only one (G'n'R) has two guitarists. The other three had one guitarist.

ride the lightning by metallica. not very easy though

but +1 to freebird
I can't not think of Judas Priest when the topic is "good use of two guitars".
there should be a forum already covering this cause i replied to it yesterday but whatever, try the eagles or crosby stills nash and young. You can also go crazy with the beatles or the stones.
-Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out-
Quote by jimzer
ride the lightning by metallica. not very easy though

but +1 to freebird

Metallica rarely to never make good use of 2 guitars except for solos, but I think the OP means like harmonizing. The only exceptions I can think of are One, and some of the other songs on ...And Justice. All Kirk does is mirror James' rhythm outside of soloing, and they're power chord riffs at that, and are not hard at all.

I know a lot of bands that do nothing but harmonizing, and I could give them to you, but they are A., advanced, and B., not along the style of music you want.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by Pikka Bird
I can't not think of Judas Priest when the topic is "good use of two guitars".

Agreed. Priest and Thin Lizzy wrote the book on two guitar attacks.