So, whammy up too hard, snap a string...facts of life. Wanted to know if there were any tips to reduce the risk. It's not a chronic problem but always an annoyance when it takes you by surprise. Tuning flat isn't always an option.

Specifics: Lo-TRS 7 Tremolo on Ibanez S7420, La Bella .009-.053 Action is set regular as opposed to super-low that some shredders like.

So setup-tips, string-types, and any tips from heavy whammy users appreciated (while I change my string) thx!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Use some Big Bends Nut Sauce at all contact points and maybe use a thicker gauge of string.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Use some Big Bends Nut Sauce at all contact points and maybe use a thicker gauge of string.
Hmm, I never heard of such a thing before. I'll definitely have to give it a try. THX! I wish I could gauge up but I'm far away from a "Good" tech who would be able to gauge up on a 7string floyd without causing all kinds of chaos.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination