Im going to the store today to buy my first electric guitar. Any recommendations ?
Also just wondering how long did it take you to learn the notes + everything. To start playing songs ? Im going to be doing lessons 30 mins/a week. How long until ill be able to play songs?
an epiphone you just can't beet them for the price. maybe a epiphone firebird there really nice play really awsome.
Have You been playing any other instruments before?
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Don't worry about how long it will take you to learn songs. You won't know until you start taking lessons.

Technically, it will take you the rest of your life, because you will always want to play them better and better. Just have fun, learn as much as you can, and practice.

--- D
Just get a starter kit and learn how to play then upgrade.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by PrismGuitar4
I'm gonna get flamed for saying this but....Squier HSS Strat.

Nah, you won't get flamed by me....

...as long as you meant the Vintage Modified one.

I recommend an Epiphone LP Standard or Custom. Great guitars for classic rock.

Quote by CroneR
Just get a starter kit and learn how to play then upgrade.

Don't listen to this guy.

Why would anyone want to waste money on something they'll hate in a couple of years? If you get a good first guitar, you'll cherish it and keep it forever.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Why spend 350 dollars on a guitar when you've never played before?

Starter Kit comes with a guitar and amp for a decent price. And some of them are not complete crap.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by Duster
Don't worry about how long it will take you to learn songs. You won't know until you start taking lessons.

Technically, it will take you the rest of your life, because you will always want to play them better and better. Just have fun, learn as much as you can, and practice.

--- D

I could not agree more. Practice as much as your fingers will handle it, or as much as your life will allow.

As far as the rig and guitar, that is up to you. I wouldn't recommend getting a high end guitar at first, but get a decent one. Any half way decent guitar can be customized later with better electronics/pick ups. Most of the sound from your guitar is dictated by the pick ups. (Sure other elements come into play, woods used in the body, fretboard rosewood vs maple). However a good amp is key from the start though, more so than a guitar initially. Like I said you can modify the guitar's electronics later to get a sound closer to what you realize you want in a sound.

Good luck.
Quote by CroneR
Why spend 350 dollars on a guitar when you've never played before?

Starter Kit comes with a guitar and amp for a decent price. And some of them are not complete crap.

For $350 you can get a decent starter guitar and an epiphone VJ. At least you'll sound good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The store that im getting my guitar doesnt sell epiphones, any other suggestions? Also the store is were im taking lessons since this guy has been playing/selling guitars for 40 years.

But since none of the stores around sell epiphone whats the next best thing to buy ?
Last edited by CodyPayne at Feb 22, 2008,
What's the store you're going to? It would help if we knew what they carried. Roland Microcube is a nice practice amp and would cost around $125. From there, Yamaha Pacificas are nice starting guitars, as are some Fender Squier Strats (not the Bullet or Affinity series though).

For classic rock, I'd probably stick with guitars that have single coil pickups.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Epiphone/Squire is the way to go,a cheap guitar that will get you going on the basics,then you can decide if you want something heavier,or smaller.If your local store does'nt carry them try Musicians Choice online or something like that.Good luck.
For classic rock, I'd probably stick with guitars that have single coil pickups.
?what does this mean? Kinda new still