My first song. Ever. Some of the leads and recording/ production is a bit spotty but, let me know what you think. It's uploaded in my profile, not sure if i'm supposed to put a link to it or anything else.

Crit for crit, of course.

Link to my profile, it's the only track there: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

I think the file is too big to put it as an attachment, sorry
Last edited by Sadistic sponge at Feb 22, 2008,
Critting you back man,

As you said with mine, I was just pretty bored with yours. It seemed pretty grunge and bland to me, but I liked the intro. Two different styles I suppose.
i like the lead stuff, how long have you been playing?
Current Gear

ESP Ltd EC 1000
Schecter C1 FR

Jackson Dinky
Crap Acoustic
Crate Excalibur GX2200H
4x12cab
I've been playing a fairly long time, like 4 or 5 years. I don't really play very hard during this song just because it ended up this way. To be honest, most of the leads were pretty improvised (the first ones, for example) while a few, like the tremolo ones were staged and then played pretty crappily. And I don't take offense to my song being called boring, it sort of is.

It takes a special kind of listener to be able to stand a song that is more than 8 minutes long and it's really nothing weird if you don't like it. Most of my influences for this song came from Opeth and Agalloch esque material so it's a little bit slow.
Last edited by Sadistic sponge at Feb 22, 2008,
i like this song, didnt find it boring really, ok so sometimes it felt a little repetitive but in an 8 minute song with the same rhythm playing over the back most of the time it would be hard not for it to be, i like the clean breaks you have put it an intervals they really add a width to the soundstage, the only criticism i have is that the whole track felt a little dull in the mixing, the guitars and drums never seemed to cut through enough for me but thats just up to personal choice, otherwise good job.
any songs you wanna crit are on my profile
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Yeah, I agree that the drums and guitars lack some amount of balls, mostly the drums because of the lack of a real drummer. The guitars could have used more distortion at some points (the PM's sound weak) but I would have lost most of the clarity with the chords I was using if I did that.
the intro sounded pretty cool, the drums were eh, seemed to swing it somewhere?? idk why lol. it seemed really random to me, no real strong melody, but i see wher you were going. for your first song, i must sa its pretty good, cause u hit all the good aspects of songwriting, but it was too long without a noticeable melody, or real strong leads. some of the palying was a bit sloppy, but with time itll get better :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
There were some good ideas in there. Although the tempo did seem to be a little slow for me, but yeah, thats just different tastes i guess. You need to work on the guitar tones a bit though, its like its to low and not ballsy enough.
Definitly song good ideas for your first song though. Keep chuggin.

crit for crit eh?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791930
Its also metal, so i hope you dig it.