So i went to the guitar shops today and noticed a new 7-string guitar (VERY rare that 7-strings are sold here in iceland) and i played it, and it was amazing!
So i asked them of the name but they didn´t know because the guitar was used and they didn´t get any information.
So i kept playing, i think it´s an older Ibanez (pre Prestige series) it only stood Ibanez RG series on the head, it had two humbuckers and had a very similar finish as the RG1527.
It didn´t either have a Edge Pro (it only stood something Licensed Tremolo by Floyd Rose or something similar) so i think it´s a Lo-Pro tremolo.
It had pretty many scratches and the tone knob had fallen of (but easily repaired) and it costs 150000 isk (2244$) i think that it´s an awfully expensive guitar (especially because of all the scratches and tone knob problem)
But the overall look of the guitar is just like the RG1527 (only the dots on the fretboard is bigger) it had the AANJ neck-joint and had a 5 way toggle (tho it had 2 humbuckers so i think it has a coil tap but i dont know). Is it just an older model of the RG1527 or is it something else better or worse? because i really liked the sound and feel of the guitar.
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
can ya go back and snag a pic of it?

maybe some numbers from the back of the headstock! i'm kinda curious now
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Not a Universe, they're HSH.

Pre-prestige would make it an RG7620 or 7420. If the bridge says Ibanez on the wing, then it's the latter.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Kivarenn82
can ya go back and snag a pic of it?

maybe some numbers from the back of the headstock! i'm kinda curious now

I think that i would look suspicious taking pictures there XD but i think it was made in Japan i loved the neck! it wasnt flat like almost every other RG guitar, it was thin but had a little curve to it :P
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
I'd have to assume that it's a RG7620, but I really can't give anything more of an insight without seeing some pics. Even if you can find a picture on SS.org or something then we'd be able to tell ye everything you need to know about it. I'm just trying to imagine a guitar for over $2000 made by Ibanez that's an RG and would be worth that much with scratches. hmm....
Quote by bowen
I'd have to assume that it's a RG7620, but I really can't give anything more of an insight without seeing some pics. Even if you can find a picture on SS.org or something then we'd be able to tell ye everything you need to know about it. I'm just trying to imagine a guitar for over $2000 made by Ibanez that's an RG and would be worth that much with scratches. hmm....

You have to think that i live in Iceland my RG2550E costs about 110000 isk (1645$) here when it only costs 880$ in USA, but still i agree the scratches aren´t horrible but still....

Quote by pifty
Not a Universe, they're HSH.

Pre-prestige would make it an RG7620 or 7420. If the bridge says Ibanez on the wing, then it's the latter.

Okay i saw a picture of the RG7620 and i think that it´s it! but is it worth the money? and is it any good XD
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Is it worth two grand? You be the judge, I sold mine for $450 recently, and it was near-perfect.

Seeing how your prices are very inflated, I'll just say that they're definitely NOT worth even as much as a new 1527, despite the stock Dimarzio pickups.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Is it worth two grand? You be the judge, I sold mine for $450 recently, and it was near-perfect.

Seeing how your prices are very inflated, I'll just say that they're definitely NOT worth even as much as a new 1527, despite the stock Dimarzio pickups.

Okay thanks, im then just gonna buy a 1527 through ShopUSA if im going to buy an 7-String :P after the new amp of course
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah