Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
what about materials used in gig bags and such?
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
i'll lurk, as this could be interesting.

if you don't mind me widening the terms of the thread a little, i'll also ask, what type of guitar polishes won't hurt a nitro finish, and guitar stands?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

even better.
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4

EDIT: oh, now you mention it, i think acetone reacts with nitrocellulose. i read on another forum that that can be used to test if you have a nitro finish (obviously you'd do it inside a trem cavity or something where you couldn't see it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Acetone should react with nitrocellulose, since nitrocellulose is used in nailpolish and nailpolish remover is diluted acetone.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I'd be carefull around any solvent like acetone, thinner, carb and brake cleaner, etc. Even be carefull around more nitrocellulose(liquid form). Nitro will disolve into itself if dripped on the surface, but, this is a nice things about nitro when fixing dings. You can fill small dings with more nitro, wait at least a week to let it cure, then sand it down and polish to match the surface again.

As for a good polish to use on nitro...I started using Dunlop 65 on a guitar I built that I sprayed nitro for the finish. It works great and hasn't caused any damage. Before that I was using the polish from Martin Guitars, which, is nitro safe...at least it never damaged the finish on the previously mentioned guitar and my Martin 000C-16RGTE(it has a nitro finish on the spruce top).
^ thanks for that! I think i have some dunlop 65 here already.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've heard if you clean your guitar with furniture polish it wear through a nitro finish, too.
bump...would a gigbag ruin nitrocellulos?
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
bump...
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Quote by scott__
I've heard if you clean your guitar with furniture polish it wear through a nitro finish, too.

It depends on what is in the furniture polish. I don't remember what furniture polish contains that isn't good for the finish. Could be the fact that it's oily and acidic, but some things to look out for

bleach- obvious
acetone
silicon
diatoms - abrasive bacteria, found in toothpaste and some cleaners
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by gruenburger
bump...would a gigbag ruin nitrocellulos?

No, but a case is recommended.

Gigbags offer less protection, and nitrocellulose offers very little protection against anything really.

The point of nitrocellulose is to seal the majority of moisture from coming in and protect the paint, to allow the guitar to age properly by slowly drying out from the inside out, and to effect guitar tone as little as possibly by truly letting the wood sing.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
No, but a case is recommended.

Gigbags offer less protection, and nitrocellulose offers very little protection against anything really.

The point of nitrocellulose is to seal the majority of moisture from coming in and protect the paint, to allow the guitar to age properly by slowly drying out from the inside out, and to effect guitar tone as little as possibly by truly letting the wood sing.

so the material of a gibag wont eat through nitrocellulose like rubber would?
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Quote by gruenburger
so the material of a gibag wont eat through nitrocellulose like rubber would?

No, gigbags are usually some type of nylon/cotton deal with a little foam between the cloth.

Nitrocellulose is meant to wear off as you play it as well, which aids in the drying of the wood.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
cool thanks guys :P
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E