i paid 480 for it. hopefully getting it by next week.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=0&TempID=1&STRID=145129&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=rgt42fx&Contains=%2Argt42fx%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

I got it because i dont want a tremolo(yet) as i switch between different tunings often. Also, i played a wizard II neck before, and it felt heavenly compared the ****ty squire strat i have now (im only 5'6 thus i have small hands, so this neck is beautiful to me). So ever since i played the ibanez at the store I've been like a dog who finally got a taste of good human food, i never wanted to go back to dog food....

Also, i prefer to play varied styles,not just metal. But it seems like i mostly just play metal in the end, so whatever.

so yeah, good or bad purchase? Only bad thing is my bank account only has like 80 bucks now

next im gonna save up some money for a new amp......hopefully.
Last edited by sifon at Feb 22, 2008,
I think you meant this:
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=0&TempID=1&STRID=145129&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=rgt42fx&Contains=%2Argt42fx%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

But that's a pretty nice upgrade from a Squier Strat. It should be able to handle metal/shred well, and you might even get some other stuff out of it. Might be a nice candidate for a pickup swap in the future.

Overall, looks like a good guitar. Best of luck.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
i saw the same guitar except without the BK at the end, and that one is basswood. this one is mahogany ..... im not too keen on this kind of stuff. Does that make a difference in terms of sound quality?
how'd u get it for $480 if it's more than that in the link
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by DrNick
I think you meant this:
But that's a pretty nice upgrade from a Squier Strat. It should be able to handle metal/shred well, and you might even get some other stuff out of it. Might be a nice candidate for a pickup swap in the future.

Overall, looks like a good guitar. Best of luck.

It's a really versatile guitar, and it has coil splitting so you can get some nice strat-ish sounds out of it. The pickups aren't amazing, but they're decent enough. My guitar gear definitely doesn't let the guitar's true awesomeness shine through though.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa