I've decided that instead of dealing with pawnshops for cheap prices, I will just build a 4x12. Before you ask, I play metal and I don't want Celestions because I'm a cheap ass.

I'm 80% sure that I'm going to use these(Eminence "The Wizard") in my cabinet. On the website it doesn't say that they're are good for metal, but I really like the sound clips of them the most.

If I wanted instead to put an Eminence Big Ben, 15 inch, and just 2 twelves on top, how would I wire it for 8 ohms? The 2 Wizards are 8 ohms each and the Big Ben is 8 ohms.

Edit: If you want to suggest speakers, my amp is 200 watts. So any suggestions made, 4 x (speaker wattage) >= 200 watts. Thanks
Last edited by JacksonPlayer88 at Feb 22, 2008,
use these. the green berets are perfect for metal. trust me.

http://warehousespeakers.com/index.php

go to 12'' and look at em. i have a cab with 2 green berets, and 2 veterans. amazing.

Use pine to build your cab out of, and use birch plywood for the supports. pine is the most acoustic wood that you can use for it, and the birch plywood is very acoustic. it will sound awesome.
Quote by LP Addict
use these. the green berets are perfect for metal. trust me.

http://warehousespeakers.com/index.php

go to 12'' and look at em. i have a cab with 2 green berets, and 2 veterans. amazing.

Use pine to build your cab out of, and use birch plywood for the supports. pine is the most acoustic wood that you can use for it, and the birch plywood is very acoustic. it will sound awesome.

I'm liking the price on the Veterans, do they really sound like Vintage 30's?
exactly the same, they bought a vintage 30, took it to korea or china, made exact copies of them, same materials, everything. im not sure if the vint 30s sound exactly like vet 30s, but i do know that the greenback and green berets are almost literally one and the same. if you wire them up really well, they will sound amazing. really really look into pine though, try to find some real nice pine stock, that is not twisted or curled or boughed, its not easy, but trust me my friend, its worthhhh the wait.
I'm doing the same thing. I'm using Green berets for a 100 watt. I'm making a slant cab
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.