Hey everybody.

When I've got my amps (B-52 AT 212) Channel Volume turned all the way up and the Master volume down to compensate for it, I start getting a buzzing type sound when I play the E string or plam mute an E or A String based power chord.

Would that be caused by the tubes or the Speaker?
And if so, what can I do to fix it?

I also just took the back of the amplifier off and what I assume to be the Rectifier tube had sparks jumping inside (and occasionally outside).

Amp Is set on Gain 2.
Gain set to 10.
EQ is set at the middle positions.
Low Res at 5.
Gain 2 Volume at 10.
Master at about 1 or 2.
Set to tube A.
Reverb at 5.
Boss EQ in the effects loops/

This only occurs when I try and add a little more Distortion by cranking the Channel volume.
When I roll it back and use the Master volume, things are pretty much fine besides the normal feedback and etc.

So could anyone please help and let me know what's going on?
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Well I'd guess it's the speaker....but it's hard to say from here.
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
Well if it's the speaker that's the problems, what would you recommend for new speakers that won't cost me a fortune?
I play a wide variety of stuff but normally stick to Heavy Metal and Hard Rock.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
It could be either, but if you can hear the buzz through headphones or an external cabinet it's gonna be a tube. I'd bet on it being a tube, unless you had your amp at 11 recently.
When I bought the amp it was a floor model in the Sound proofed room at guitar center so It could have been at 11 before I bought it a couple of months ago. I'll see if I can find my headphones and test that. At least that way I don't spend money replacing the speakers when I needed new tubes.
Alright, it's the speakers for sure.
Turned the amp to solid state and still had the same problem without the tubes.

So, what speakers should I get?
Was looking at both the Eminence Black Power and Man O War.

I play mainly Heavy Metal ranging from Metallica to Death.
Quote by Born A Fool
Alright, it's the speakers for sure.
Turned the amp to solid state and still had the same problem without the tubes.

So, what speakers should I get?
Was looking at both the Eminence Black Power and Man O War.

I play mainly Heavy Metal ranging from Metallica to Death.

You should check their sound clips on Eminence's web site if you haven't already.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
You should check their sound clips on Eminence's web site if you haven't already.

Already did and the Man O War sounded like my best bet.
Alright, thinking about going ahead and replacing the stock tubes while I'm replacing the speakers.
Right now, this is what all I'm getting, hopefully in the next week or two so please speak up with any suggestions or comments.

2 Man o War speakers
7 Tungsol 12AX7 Tubes
Tungsol 6L6 GC STR Power Tube Sets (Hard Quartet)
Sovtek 5AR4 Rectifier Tube

May get the 6L6 in a Medium Quarter instead but I'm not sure yet.