Hey guys, my band just got a myspace up like a week ago and have uploaded two songs. So, if you will, go check us out and if you have a myspace personally AND you like our style or what you hear, add us! Talk to us. Whatever.

Thanks for hearing me out.
Here's the link:

www.myspace.com/ashesofgomorrah
If you were a man I would punch you. I would punch you right in the mouth.
Alright, lets see.
Thy will be done:
I can't really tell what's going on for alot of the time because the guitars sound very muddy and the drums are a bit overpowering. Other parts, such as the guitar leads at the end sound very thin and raspy. This is usually a result of either excessive distortion or bad production, and I would sooner say it's probably a combination of the two.

The good:
The vocals sound pretty good for the most port, especially the growls. Screams just aren't my thing so much as them being good.

Next song- The Order of Bards:
The clean intro is pretty cool, the cymbals working behind it create a nice atmosphere. The guitars are a bit more coherent this time around and some of this riffs are pretty good and heavy. the part at around 2:30 in before the solo has a nice groove going on between the guitars and drums. The guitar solo sounds, tonally, pretty thin, but the playing was fine, albeit a bit stereotypically metal like and all. Nothing wrong with that. I like stereotypical metal. The bass lines are pretty cool when I can hear them.

This time around, the vocals are a bit less appealing, specifically during the clean sung parts. The only part that I felt like her clean singing was really effective was when both the screams and cleans were going at the same time.

So overall, the biggest problem here is one of production, I think. It's really hard to tell what is going on because it's all very boomy and distorted sounding, so I'm just talking about what I can hear. I think you guys might have something good going on though, beneath the noise, and the better production on The Order of the Bards definitely speaks of that. Perhaps you've come to the point when investing in some better microphones would be a good idea, or maybe upping the mids on your amps might be a good idea.

Please take a look at mine if you have some time. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794054
Quote by Sadistic sponge
Alright, lets see.
Thy will be done:
I can't really tell what's going on for alot of the time because the guitars sound very muddy and the drums are a bit overpowering. Other parts, such as the guitar leads at the end sound very thin and raspy. This is usually a result of either excessive distortion or bad production, and I would sooner say it's probably a combination of the two.

The good:
The vocals sound pretty good for the most port, especially the growls. Screams just aren't my thing so much as them being good.

Next song- The Order of Bards:
The clean intro is pretty cool, the cymbals working behind it create a nice atmosphere. The guitars are a bit more coherent this time around and some of this riffs are pretty good and heavy. the part at around 2:30 in before the solo has a nice groove going on between the guitars and drums. The guitar solo sounds, tonally, pretty thin, but the playing was fine, albeit a bit stereotypically metal like and all. Nothing wrong with that. I like stereotypical metal. The bass lines are pretty cool when I can hear them.

This time around, the vocals are a bit less appealing, specifically during the clean sung parts. The only part that I felt like her clean singing was really effective was when both the screams and cleans were going at the same time.

So overall, the biggest problem here is one of production, I think. It's really hard to tell what is going on because it's all very boomy and distorted sounding, so I'm just talking about what I can hear. I think you guys might have something good going on though, beneath the noise, and the better production on The Order of the Bards definitely speaks of that. Perhaps you've come to the point when investing in some better microphones would be a good idea, or maybe upping the mids on your amps might be a good idea.

Please take a look at mine if you have some time. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794054

Yeah, thanks man. You guys sound great, by the way. Your quality is awesome, so I'm going to ask you: how do you record? do you go to a studio or something? Because, for excuses sake, we're recording out of a Fostex eight track.
Thanks for the input though. I'll take to heart what you said, you seem to know what you're talking about.
If you were a man I would punch you. I would punch you right in the mouth.
Me and the guitar pro band haha. The only instruments that are "real" are the electric guitars, the rest is midi based. I used guitar pro and then exported the midi file into a higher quality midi processor.
For recording the guitars, I used my brother's Presonus firepod as a preamp, which works amazingly well. For mics I used a Audio technica AT2020 Cardiod condensor a few feet away from the amp and a sennheiser right against the amp. I recorded into Garageband, which is a crappy program, but it gets the job done. Hope that helped.
thy will be done: ok you need a to take some low end out of the main rhythm guitar its really muddying up the mix, also add some more mid to the other guitar to let it cut through a bit more. the cymbals lack...sparkle i guess, they really should be cutting through the mix easily but they are back with the guitars somewhere. the snare is a little flabby it needs some more crack to really give it some drive. lastly the vocals are a bit drowned behind everything else.
i critiqued your order of bards just the other day, and from what you said i am surprised to hear another version with clean female vox on it, nm though really good work overall still think you guys sound good!
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab