Page 1 of 4
i'm just curious as to why everyone is hating on halo 3...i've heard a lot of negative things for the game being rated to highly and extremely anticipated. so what's the deal?
Because its just not that great, if it wasn't "halo" it would probably of been rated a bit lower.

I enjoy it form time to time.. I'm getting bored of video games in general I actually started playing Gears of War again..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Its massively overrated and I can't really see anything that separates it from every other Sci-Fi shooter besides it's bad multi player map layouts and massively long loading times
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Because they're dolts.

They have no understanding of all the content and effort that was packed into the game. The environments, voice acting, and soundtrack are bloody brilliant. Sure, the multiplayer doesn't rack up to CoD4, but Halo 3 was still a great game.

Or they're just sony fags.
It's not as great as all the hype was. We as gamers expected something fresh and new, but Halo 3 just feels like a redone up Halo 2.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by lefthandman9876
guitars>games

+1

good game but could of been ALOT better
especially since there was a huge hype.
i think unreal tournement 3 is better
i think the campaign sucks compares to CoD4 but the online multiplayer is way better in my opinion. i can play it on xbox live for hours on end.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by hazardmaster
It's not as great as all the hype was. We as gamers expected something fresh and new, but Halo 3 just feels like a redone up Halo 2.

Which was a shiny version of halo 1 where you could hold 2 of the same old guns
Quote by gdm09
i'm just curious as to why everyone is hating on halo 3...i've heard a lot of negative things for the game being rated to highly and extremely anticipated. so what's the deal?

Its a game dont take it to heart.
Quote by funkbass369
i think the campaign sucks compares to CoD4 but the online multiplayer is way better in my opinion. i can play it on xbox live for hours on end.

The campaign of halo 3 killed COD's. The online of COD is much better though
Quote by Yanks4Life92
It wasn't as good as it was hyped to be?

/thread

this.

It was hyped up to be the best Halo yet, then it was exactly like the others but with prettier graphics.
because it came out first, so all the other FPSes had something to know what they need to out-do and COD4 = massive bandwagon hating on halo 3 and ye still immense failure

/thread
I've only ever played it online, and it's good to pass the time, I guess. But the maps get really boring quickly. Not enough stuff to really interest me. I've played better games, and from what little I have played of the campaign, it did not impress me at all. A good game should take you in from the first moment, and Halo never really did that for me.

EDIT: And you have to pay for XBox live, which I think is really stupid. They are the only console that makes people pay.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by freedoms_stain
this.

It was hyped up to be the best Halo yet, then it was exactly like the others but with prettier graphics.

Well, if it was exactly the same in all other aspects and better in graphics, then it IS the best halo game.
<Han> I love Hitler
all the halos IMO are crap nothing to em, bored me i tried playing number one didnt like is so i skipped 2. and i tried really hard to get on with 3 but i still cant. just a little kids game to me just run and shoot with no effort

coz it sux lolol

Nah, in all honesty I haven't played it but I didn't like the first two due to lack of originality but that's just my opinion. All my friends love the series, fair play to them.
RULE BRITANNIA
It's great. But it was more or less, the same greatness as playing number 2.
i still like it. i think people just do that cause they've "moved on" to COD4. Don
t get me wrong, COD4 is my favorite of the two, but Halo 3's still fun as sh1t.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
halo 1 was groundbreaking for its time (as far as consoles go), and still is a great game today.

halo 2 took that formula, added online and better graphics (some slight gameplay changes like the BR, no AR) and was still a great game. not groundbreaking, but time isn't something you can control.

halo 3 is the same as halo 1 and halo 2 mixed, more fast paced with all the same guns and then some. again, 5/6 years after the original came out of course its going to lose some of its initial charm, but its still a great game.

to me it seems people are jumping on a bandwagon by saying COD4> H3. almost everyone i know who plays COD4 come back to Halo 3 at some point.
Quote by HaKattack
Well, if it was exactly the same in all other aspects and better in graphics, then it IS the best halo game.

then why are all my hardcore Halo fan friends disappointed.

Infact, the guy who had the biggest boner up for Halo that I know bought the orange box and now proclaims the Half-Life 2 games to be the best fps he's ever played.
It lacked originality.

Just like COD4 which sucks e-balls.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Because it's not that great. It's a fun and simple shooter that doesn't add anything new to the genre.
¯|(°_o)/¯
It's not that good a game. COD 4 kills it in both multi and single player.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I didn't like Halo 3 too much, if only because I don't use Xbox Live and so can't play against people. The single player was ridiculously short, I finished it the day I got it, 6 hours on Heroic difficulty and the credits were rolling. To be honest, I don't have enough games on the 360 to justify subscribing just to play one game online, especially when I don't think Halo is as good as certain other shooters (don't say COD4, I haven't played it).
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
i really dont get what you guys are arguing about, i loved halo 3, but from a different sense

the STORYLINE was amazing, and it really got me into it

the soundtrack was brilliant

but the point that really gets me is all of the effort put into the game, every different reaction from the AI, the physics involved, every little interatcion in the game, they all took massive amounts of coding and i really respect bungie for all the work they put in

and to the ppl saying its halo 1 or 2 with better graphics, WTF were u expecting? if it truly had been different you guys would be bitching that it doesnt have the feel of the halo series

to me the biggest pluses are the campaign (i love the storyline), multiplayer is fun and way better set up than any other multiplayer game ive played (COD is just way to cut and dry for me, gears of war online is CRAP IMO), and when it comes right down to it, the overall feel of the game i can really get into it
I think it's a good game from time to time but I have a ps3 so i can't play it other than at a friends house.
COD 4 steped up its game and made better multiplayer and single player than halo 3, not that halo 3 is a bad game(me and my friends still play it and its still fun) i just think there was much better stuff to get instead last year (orange box,bioshock,COD 4, mario galaxy)
If you play it and see James Play Drum...

He's the drummer in my band...

Cam Sampbell's my hero
because when a game series has 3, we want 3 games that have something different that isnt just a new weapon

i want halo 3

not halo 1.3
also guys, didnt COD 4 come out AFTER halo? of course some things are going to be "better"

( i havent really seen anything better, IMO COD4 is like the others, just with a new setting, and the COD's always bored me because of the overall feel of it)
Quote by greatone_12
COD 4 steped up its game and made better multiplayer and single player than halo 3, not that halo 3 is a bad game(me and my friends still play it and its still fun) i just think there was much better stuff to get instead last year (orange box,bioshock,COD 4, mario galaxy)

This one doesn't fit. I thought we were talking Xbox 360.

But it is better than most.
I absolutley hated the campaign. It was wayy too short. My favourite enemies in the halo games were the Elites. Without them it isnt as fun, as brutes suck ass, they just dont fight in a way that I find too fun to play against. The new flood types were cool though, but I feel the developers put way too many of them, and due to the absolute stupidity of them, it just makes the game monotonus.
Online Halo 3 is really fun though.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by andyscoot
because when a game series has 3, we want 3 games that have something different that isnt just a new weapon

i want halo 3

not halo 1.3

wat were u looking for that was different?

its really easy to say u wish that it was more different, especially when u have no suggestions

also, u cant really change gameplay all that much without fans bitching about it feeling like a completely different game

they had to add new features (which they did beautifully) while sticking to the Halo themes
Page 1 of 4