My Questions:

-Would it work if I built a cabinet using car speakers as speakers?

-Would car speakers work well for handling vocals?

The main obstacle (In my head) would be wiring, since speaker cables are different than the usual 1/4" instrument cables.

(Note: This is for building a pa monitor for my band. We would only use it for vocals, so we will run the mics through a small mixer and the mixer to the monitor.)
any speakers will put out sound as long as its wired correctly, for vocals it might sound decent, im not quite sure, im sure it isnt hard to find XLR inputs either
Quote by Wicked_Bassist7
My Questions:

-Would it work if I built a cabinet using car speakers as speakers?
Of course it would "work". They're speakers, aren't they?

Quote by Wicked_Bassist7

-Would car speakers work well for handling vocals?
Define "well".

Specify the type of speakers you're using and the kind of cab you're building.

If I put a Chevy engine in my Ford, will it go fast?

Get the idea? Meaningless questions generate meaningless answers.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It wouldn't work for long. A guitar speaker is like a 1/2 tone pickup truck while a care speaker is like a sports car. If you try and haul around 1/2 tone of sand with a Lamborghini you are not going to be able to haul that sand very far but I doubt a dodge ram would do very well in a race with a lamborghini. Car speakers and guitar speakers are built with 2 very different tasks in mind.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
It wouldn't work for long. A guitar speaker is like a 1/2 tone pickup truck while a care speaker is like a sports car. If you try and haul around 1/2 tone of sand with a Lamborghini you are not going to be able to haul that sand very far but I doubt a dodge ram would do very well in a race with a lamborghini. Car speakers and guitar speakers are built with 2 very different tasks in mind.

its Ton Corduroy, but we get the point.... actually at first I thought you were talking about Tone (as in guitar Tone)

But as he said, It will work, but not sound great.... Car speakers are made to put out processed sound and focus on overall dynamics versus guitar speakers which are made speciafically for guitar.

Now if using it for a PA from a mixer it might not sound too bad, then It will focus the overall sound of your band through the speaker.
^I guess that’s the problem with typing the word "tone" so many times. I type ton and the E automatically follows.
Not taking any online orders.
sure you can, listen to Derek Trucks, he uses car speakers in his amps, and his tone is sick.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Quote by VR05
sure you can, listen to Derek Trucks, he uses car speakers in his amps, and his tone is sick.
Pfft! Derek Trucks is a n00b.

Nigel Tufnel knows how to make car speakers rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx3H1WJdU44

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.