IbanezRG350DX ?

or

Epiphone Les Paul standard.

I play some Metallica, RHCP, Muse..

All different stuff..

What do you reccomend ?

My amp will be a Ibanez 30 tone blaster x when I get one of these guitars ..

Thanks UG.
epi.

edit: never heard of that amp...is it tube?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Wow...those are two VERY different guitars. Stoptail/Tremolo, round neck/thin neck, medium frets/jumbo frets.

I think they're different enough that people's opinions won't really help you at all.

the only good advice I can think of is that lower-end Epi models MIGHT have better build quality then lower-end Ibanez. Simply because Epi's are more simply guitars.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Get the Epi , me and my other guitarist both have one, my other friends getting one...everybody has them, but thats cause they rock.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Those 2 guitars are very different.

You definitely don't want the RG350DX because it has an Edge III bridge; which is built from crap materials and will stop working effectively after use.

I'd say get neither.

Quote by mydogpoops
Get the Epi , me and my other guitarist both have one, my other friends getting one...everybody has them, but thats cause they rock.

Or that's because they are the guitar you buy when you don't enough about guitars to get something better at a lower price...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by FacingUsAll

I'd say get neither.

+1

What is your exact budget?
I actually had a tough time picking out my guitar which ended up to be an Epi LP Custom. At first i wanted an Epi LP standard, then a PRS SE, then a MIM strat. After playing all of those, the only ones i wanted were the Epi and the PRS but i couldnt choose. So after i while i tried out an Epi LP Custom in a GC and it played better than any guitar i tried in my price range and i got it.

Some Epi LP's arent bad, but i did play quite a few bad ones. i just ended up liking the Custom (although i wish i found a standard that played the same so i could save the 200 dollars).

You just have to try them both out. Play a whole bunch of different guitars and get which ever one you like the best. Oh, but i may add that the Epi LP's pups arent that special.
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
+1 to the LP Custom. And TS, it's all a matter of your personal preference as to which one of those guitars are better.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Well my budget is about $1200 so I could go the custom..

But i was hopeing to save a tiny bit of that for the amp.. What about a Ibanez RG2550.. I really hate the colour though.. Why is it such a stupid colour pickguard ?
get what YOU want get what you need/want/like/sounds good/ and just get a half price amp and guitar center and make sure it sounds good
Quote by KryptNet
Wow...those are two VERY different guitars. Stoptail/Tremolo, round neck/thin neck, medium frets/jumbo frets.

I think they're different enough that people's opinions won't really help you at all.

the only good advice I can think of is that lower-end Epi models MIGHT have better build quality then lower-end Ibanez. Simply because Epi's are more simply guitars.

+1

I say anyway get the Les Paul

Or even better, get a MIM strat lol XD
/CENTER]
The Ibanez is probably the more versatile of the two guitars, but the Edge III is cr*p. One of my mates has an RGT with one - the knife edge has blunted and it refuses to stay in tune. Personally, I'd only get a tremolo-equipped guitar if you need one (you've demonstrated you don't need one by sticking the LP as a choice). The RG350 was my first choice until this forum enlightened me to the joys of owning an Edge III, so I went for an Ibanez S470 instead. I play similar music to you, so you might want to consider trying one out, it's not much more than the RG (at least in England). Otherwise, I'd go with a hardtail - I'm guessing you're more of a beginner, and tremolos are pretty well overrated for beginners. My Squier needed tuning quite regularly, and I'm scared to change my Ibanez to drop-D in case it throws the trem out.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000