Not going to mention any names, but basically I needed a VERY popular $150 part from a very respected company. Yeah I could just order it online but my instructor owns a very small guitar shop but doesn't sell many parts, so I told him that he could order it for me if he'd make a few bucks and my cost would be the same.

So he says he'll order it from a wholesale middleman immediately. A few days later he asks if I "really" wanted it, because he didn't want to get stuck with it. I was like, um, yeah, I thought you had already ordered it. A few days later I get a call that says yeah we can get you that part, and we're going to go directly to the company, we got set up as a dealer to get it cheaper, and now your price is $10 more than our original quote. So that sucked enough, but I said to go ahead, but then I waited, and waited, and waited. Got told more than once that it's probably backordered, then a few days ago they said that, for sure, it was backordered, and the company apologized, and they should be available any day, but they don't know when, so my instructor just said to go ahead and order it elsewhere. This is 3 weeks later.

So I was about to order another one, and figured I'd just make sure this part wasn't in transit because I didn't want one of the few friends that I've got to be stuck with this thing and me looking like a jerk for backing out of the deal. I own a retail business of my own, and I'm not afraid to call a big company myself, which I did. I told them the story I got, they acted like I was crazy, said they had tons of these products laying around, ready to ship out. That caught me off guard, but They got REAL curious, and wanted the shop's name, in which they had never heard of. Said they were going to call the shop and figure out what in the world is going on. After I hung up, I started thinking the salesperson probably thought there was some kind of scam going on.

But anyway, you think I got lied to, or should I feel bad that I contacted the manufacturer? I was just trying to make sure that it wasn't on its way. I think the guy was just lazy and didn't order it then lied to me about it.
Last edited by corndogggy at Feb 22, 2008,
Point of thread?

You probably got lied to. It happens.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Point of thread?

Same point as most other threads here - something to talk about. Just wondering why in the hell somebody would do that I guess, doesn't make sense to me.
Quote by corndogggy
Same point as most other threads here - something to talk about. Just wondering why in the hell somebody would do that I guess, doesn't make sense to me.

Wow...you actually got me there

It happens i guess....have you got your money back?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
have you got your money back?

I know the owners so I never had to pay anything up front, so that's not an issue.

Anyway, nevermind, just wasn't sure why a shop would turn down a loyal paying customer that they knew like that then make up some story about it.
The guy didn't order it. This happens alarmingly often with some local guitar shops I could name. They BS about how it's not in stock, backordered, didn't go through, etc etc. It always turns out they just didn't do anything about it until the third time you asked.