I'm going to get either a Gibson Melody Maker or a Gibson SG Classic. The amp I want is the 120w Spider 3. That's really all that I need right now. I'm moving from a Squier strat and a Fender Frontman 25r 75w amp.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm looking for suggestions.
The end of the world

go to guitar gear and accesories and get them to recommend an alternative for the spider 3.

You'll thank me for it later.

Awesome sig btw.
Buy them, piss on them, sell them again, and get a squire starter pack, with a marshall MG10 and an amazing quality Fender Squire Strat.

Ah, you allready have a squire? then get a yamaha pacific.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by freedoms_stain
go to guitar gear and accesories and get them to recommend an alternative for the spider 3.

You'll thank me for it later.

Awesome sig btw.

ok, thanks

and nice quote
The end of the world

Can't really say I'm much for the Spider...

Look for an alternative :S
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
yah don't get the spider...
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by TheQuailman
^^don't listen to these guys. Spiders are great for their price, bashing modeling amps is just some sort of ug meme.

The Roland Cube is a modelling amp, but sounds awesome for it's price and size.

The Spider series, on the other hand, ARE HORRIBLE.
Quote by TheQuailman
^^don't listen to these guys. Spiders are great for their price, bashing modeling amps is just some sort of ug meme.

false.

I'd happily advise a Roland cube, or another amp accompanied by a POD or something similar but I'd feel guilty if I said "yeah get a spider" knowing he'll be disappointed and want to sell it in less than a year.
I played through a spider once and found it quite pleasing, to be honest. Especially for the price.
Never played a Roland amp though.
I guess TS is better off finding out for himself.
mm i have a 15 watt spider 3 and i love it
its got great tone for a little 15 watt
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
Quote by TheQuailman
I played through a spider once and found it quite pleasing, to be honest. Especially for the price.

Spider III s are absolute rubbish. Especially a 120W one. Why do you need a 120W practice amp?
um change the amp...sucks huge cajones. get a nice tube amp...THAT's all you need.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by TheQuailman

Says a Feb 08er.

Seriously, the Spider will make you quit guitar.
Creator of the Llamastack

Quote by marktuazon
um change the amp...sucks huge cajones. get a nice tube amp...THAT's all you need.

true, considering that he is going for a very decent guitar. But not everybody can spend 1000bucks on an amp.

TS: If you want something with a lot of bang for the buck, I suggest you try the vox valvetronix series (www.voxamps.co.uk/ )They have really good clean and crunch sounds.
Quote by TheQuailman

The rehearsal rooms I used to use were kitted out with a Marshal MG 100W stack and a Line 6 spider 75W half stack.

spent half my fuckin time twisting knobs to find a setting that didn't sound like ass. The distortion channels sound like they've permanently got a wah pedal with the treadle swept back on. Bit like an un-modded MT2 actually. yuck.
I have a Marshall 8100. It is the ****. It's the first set of Valvestates that Marshall made. You can find them on the 'Bay for 250-350. Its the head version. Then just get an MG cab and your set. No matter what people say about MG cabs, they are a good match for the 8100. Spiders aren't even decent. The spidervalve though, I liked. but that seems to be overpriced. IDK, I love my Marshall.
Yeah, I don't know how much a 120w spider is but, A roland cube 60 would be much better.
whoever said you have to spend 1000 bucks? its a practice amp righT? get like a valveking 112 or maybe a palomino.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by marktuazon
whoever said you have to spend 1000 bucks? its a practice amp righT? get like a valveking 112 or maybe a palomino.

He said he wanted the spider with 120 watts. I guess he needs something bigger than a practice amp.

TS, I think getting a smaller amp (50/60 watts) would be okay, too, as you can always use a pa system to mic it when gigging. For rehearsals, 50 watts is more than enough.