I'm gonna get either a Gibson Melody Maker or SG Classic, and I want to get the 120w Spider 3 amp, just thought I'd check for other suggestions. I play light metal, alternative rock, hardcore, etc. I'd prefer an amp with built-in effects, but distortion is the most important one.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Don't buy a Spider 3. Especially the 120w one.

Instead, Peavey VK112, Randall RG50TC, Traynor YCV40(?) i think is pretty good. At least it was when I tried it out the other day.
dont get a spider, someone please make a thread titled "DO NOT BUY A MARSHALL MG OR SPIDER!" and someone sticky it, i see atleast 10 of these a day.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Don't buy a Spider 3. Especially the 120w one.

Instead, Peavey VK112, Randall RG50TC, Traynor YCV40(?) i think is pretty good. At least it was when I tried it out the other day.

+ lots and lots

Iv tried the Peavey VK, not a GREAT amp but an alright amp. I found its distortion to be muddy, I heard nothing but good thins about Randalls 'RG' series amps, and i know nothing on the Traynor.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I'll go as far to say that your Frontman is better than the Spider.

I've had to use the MG and Spider right next to eachother and can say with confidence that the Spider is the worst of the two, and the worst amp I've ever had to use.

What's your budget?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
peavey VK
palomino V32
blackheart

dont buy the spider!

spend less on a guitar, and more on a good valve amp, you'll be a lot happier in the long run. and by happier, i mean not selling your spider to buy a better amp. that WILL happen unless you get one now

scout around this forum and check the stickies

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm getting the SG classic I'm pretty sure, and that's my dream guitar so I won't have to buy anything after that (for awhile at least). Thanks for the advice.
The end of the world

Quote by MatrixClaw
I'll go as far to say that your Frontman is better than the Spider.

I've had to use the MG and Spider right next to eachother and can say with confidence that the Spider is the worst of the two, and the worst amp I've ever had to use.

What's your budget?

budget = <$700 for the amp.
The end of the world

NO Spider, you are better off with a 50W Tube of any brand rather then a Spider..UGH

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by mrfinkle213
budget = <$700 for the amp.

Dont get the spyder.Its not worth the money.It REALLY isnt
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.