Page 1 of 4
Do you have any habbits when playing the guitar?

Used the search bar and I don't think this has been done before...

I always push my little finger down on the 3rd thret of the top e string when playing the D chord... can't help it.

I also rock around with the rythme, look like a bit of a twat, lol.

You guys...?
I don't bend my fret hand the right way sometimes... I don't use my pinky enough..well not lately I grew out of it...Uhhhsometimes when I bar the tip of my my index doesn't hold the E very well. thats all
i use my thumb to hit notes or dampen the E string, especially when i play the acoustic guitar. apparently it's bad, but it really works and i have big hands so it's easy. i also tend to zone out and completely ignore what's going on around me, but i regard that as a good thing too. i play really loudly, wait that's good too. damn i'm not coming up with anything bad here, ****, i'll have to make something up. i get really horny when ever i play the guitar and i end up masturbating into the bass players amp when he's not looking, or one of the drums, but it hurts like a son of a bitch if that drum gets used while your busy with it
Quote by Zakkmann
i use my thumb to hit notes or dampen the E string, especially when i play the acoustic guitar. apparently it's bad, but it really works and i have big hands so it's easy. i also tend to zone out and completely ignore what's going on around me, but i regard that as a good thing too. i play really loudly, wait that's good too. damn i'm not coming up with anything bad here, ****, i'll have to make something up. i get really horny when ever i play the guitar and i end up masturbating into the bass players amp when he's not looking, or one of the drums, but it hurts like a son of a bitch if that drum gets used while your busy with it

. . . .Vibrations are a yes?
Quote by thundrstruk891
i always put my left thumb on the back of the neck, making it difficult depending on what im playing.

+1
I also tend to come up with a good riff, and then lose it when i try to add something to it to improve it.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
I tend to not use my pinky enough, which is okay I guess. Clapton hardly used his pinky.

I also strike the incorrect string sometimes and it makes me feel like a guitar n00b because it sounds like crap.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by thundrstruk891
i always put my left thumb on the back of the neck, making it difficult depending on what im playing.

Classical players would worship you.

I suppose my bad habit would be the opposite, I'll happily hook my thumb over the side if it's more comfortable.
Quote by Zakkmann
you better believe it my friend, you better believe it.

You're my ****ing hero.
Quote by thundrstruk891

i do that too
I will leave this world in the same way i entered it. Bathed in blood , screaming.

Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender Stratocaster
Boss Metalzone
Boss Chorus
Some vintage Yamaha Amp
Quote by TheQuailman
I tend to just stand still while playing, with an absolutely neutral expression on my face. My friends say I look like a statue.

XD you might nto if you had to piss and play at the same time ... Jump around and stuff lol
Quote by thundrstruk891

pretty common technique there, my friend, I do this all of the time, too.
DONT GET ME STARTED ON THIS

when im playing something awesomely good for me, i always make funny noises/faces
hardly ever play pick right
when i make a mistake i HAVE to play the part all over again
try to shred even though im pretty crap (well, you've got to start somewhere)
Quote by thundrstruk891

I do that, but sometimes it does come in handy when I'm playing some stuff.
I lift my fingers too far from the fretboard when playing. I keep trying to be aware of it and keep them closer to the guitar but no luck so far :/
Quote by hazzmatazz
I make funny faces and look like a twat...

Its even worse with a wah-wah pedal

ME too
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
DONT GET ME STARTED ON THIS

when im playing something awesomely good for me, i always make funny noises/faces
hardly ever play pick right
when i make a mistake i HAVE to play the part all over again
try to shred even though im pretty crap (well, you've got to start somewhere)

I do that as well... and do over the top Jack Black style routines...

Oh dear. lol
i don't use my pinky enough, but i'm trying to fix that. and since when was using your thumb to hit a note on the low e string a bad habit? hendrix did that, so does clapton, and nobody ever talks about them having bad technique.
Quote by Daemonic-Daz
I lift my fingers too far from the fretboard when playing. I keep trying to be aware of it and keep them closer to the guitar but no luck so far :/

Go thought some songs slowing and focus more on your finger. Dont pick through the song. just do your finger placements and make sure you don't stray off away from the fret board.
Quote by thundrstruk891

Thumb on the back of the neck parallel to the fretboard) is the standard position for holding it, and it goes towards the higher strings as you play on them, unless you're bending

In my opinion THE worst habit is muscle tension which goes unrecognised and registered as just being a normal bit of guitar playing
Quote by WillPlayForFood
XD you might nto if you had to piss and play at the same time ... Jump around and stuff lol

*drinks 3 litres of water*
*urge to piss*
*starts playing guitar while not trying to piss himself*
*hits the wall*
*sh*t*

Thanks you just made me pwn myself!

I used to tense up my shoulder a lot (fret hand side). Surprisingly enough it's a common mistake. I would get fatigued sooo quick, but I've grown out of it now and enjoy playing for longer amounts of time much more.
Quote by TheQuailman
*drinks 3 litres of water*
*urge to piss*
*starts playing guitar while not trying to piss himself*
*hits the wall*
*sh*t*

Thanks you just made me pwn myself!

siggign that
i double-joint/dislocate my thumb to do tricky chords cos im self-taught on guitar
but on bass i never ever use my little finger. id rather change position than use the stupid little finger
I don't use my pinky a lot, and i tend to rush a lot. And i like to play with the headstock pointing to the floor, i like it that way
Quote by hazzmatazz
I make funny faces and look like a twat...

Its even worse with a wah-wah pedal

+1.
A lot of people think I'm concentrating on the notes I'm playing or something, but I'm usually in la-la land.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I always put my fingers on other strings, cuz I have fat fingers, and I try to arch them, bujt always happens.

And also a habit to play overplayed riffs.
Page 1 of 4