As of now I play mostly rock guitar and other musical genres that you would hear on the radio, but I've latley gotten into playing more sort of classical arrangements at the suggestion of a few people, and I found I liked them, as well as some flamenco stuff (Which I'm not sure whether or not still counts as classical) and it's something I'd like to pursue at some point, but not now. So my question is, if I go on and study playing "standard" guitar for the next 1-? years, will I ever be able to adapt to playing classical/flamenco guitar to the same levels as I would if I pursued it now, but without losing the ability I got practicing modern music. And will I ever hit a point in my life where the time in my life I could have gotten really good at in is past me, or will I be able to gain proficiency at it at any point in my life? Just some thoughts I was wondering if anyone could answer for me.
You can always improve, whatever age you are, but if you're thinking about going pro, you need to start practicing as early as possible.
Got Bass?
No. If you change, the powers that be will burn you alive and bury you with what's left of your shattered dreams of changing playing styles.

I lied.
Quote by viper_mike
is it possible to change your hairstyle?

yes.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Yes, but learning a new style can be like starting over on guitar again. Don't do something you don't want to do, and do it when you feel ready. But it's good to learn as much as you can without overloading in order to be a better guitarist
you're going to have to learn how to finger pick if you don't know how to already...basically like learning guitar all over again
Well... you know the expression "Jack of all trades - master of none." It does have some truth. Back when I was getting my degree in classical, I was playing all the time - classical and rock - and excelling at both. That was when I had four hours a day to practice.

As you eventually fall into a pattern that some would call "real life" things change. I'm lucky to practice for an hour a week these days. My classical chops are gone. My rock stuff is still there, but at least I use it from time to time - band rehearsals, etc. helping to keep them up.

I guess my point is, sure, you can change styles when you have the time to put into more than one, but later, when you have precious little time for practicing, you'll have to focus your energies on being more specific.

Hopefully when I retire or something, I'll get my classical chops back up.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
^ you must have a wife n kids n stuff. me personally i work 8 or 9 hours a day and still find at least an hour a day on average to practice/play. and yes you can always get better. i'm 27 and still getting better (slowly but surely) just keep at it
Alright, thanks a lot for the comments, I just wanted to make sure that I could pursue classical at a later point when I feel more fully attached to it then now .