Page 1 of 2
My take on this?

I hope the use an unknown actor to Mr. Buckley, one who looks like him, (DAMNIT! I DON'T CARE HOW AMAZINGLY POPULAR HE IS, BRAD PITT COULDN'T DREAM OF DOING MR. BUCKLEY JUSTICE) and one who can really act, maybe a brown eyed Casey Affleck. He must be able to sing like Jeff, and and play like him too. They cannot portray him being some sort of constant drug abuser, that would condemn the director to hell. However, the direction should be good, Brian Jung has got talent... Have your say.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/06/28/the-latest-in-dead-rock-star-movies-the-jeff-buckley-story/
He's only popular cause he died.

Thats my take on it...and I'm sure you'll argue me like a little girl...but whatever
Quote by IQuitMyDayJob
lol. I won't it's your say

So you are agreeably saying that it is true then?

Wonderful
id say heath ledger would have played him well
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Quote by Pat McRotch
So you are agreeably saying that it is true then?

Wonderful

you enjoy playing devils advocate don't you
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
No one else is replying to this thread cause we could all really care less

McEdit:...Yes...Yes I do Wiggy....
I would much rather see a Tim Buckley movie, but I'd watch a Jeff movie as well. I just hope the actor they find (who doesn't have to look like him, just have his aura) can sing and play guitar. I know they will not use his singing/playing in the movie, but if the knows nothing about guitar and "fakes" playing, it kills the entire movie for me.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Say what you want about him. The fact that every living musician pays homage to him in a different way speaks for itself.
Quote by Pat McRotch

Thats my take on it...and I'm sure you'll argue me like a little girl...but whatever

Are you sure about that? Because I remember him being popular before he died. And also being popular because of his genius father Tim Buckley. Regardless, he was a great musician and deserves some respect. A bad movie is not a way to pay respect to him. I hope the movie is good and isn't real cheesy. That Cobain music "Last Days" was terrible.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I think he is tiny bit over rated, and talked about a lot more because of his death but he was an amazing musician and anyone who can't relise that is pretty stupid.

has no signature.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
"Posted Jun 28th 2006" I think it's probably not true.

I don't know if its true, but they've got much more recent news on the movie if you google it. IMDb says, "This Project is in development, to view more info user must have an IMDb pro account"and I just want to see peoples reaction to the idea of a jeff buckley movie
Welcome to a year ago.

Seriously I love Jeff, but this is old news. And Jeff's mother long confirmed some time ago I believe that Mr Pitt would not be starring as Mr Buckley.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Quote by J-Spoon
Welcome to a year ago.

Seriously I love Jeff, but this is old news. And Jeff's mother long confirmed some time ago I believe that Mr Pitt would not be starring as Mr Buckley.

No, she confirmed that he didn't plan on staring in it. The also didn't plan Oceans 12 and 13 but they've probably got a 14th on the way, just in time for Pat McRotchs golden birthday, little §*it(to Pat McRotch).
firstly, i dont really care about the movie...hope its good though

and secondly, jeff buckley was incredibly talented. he had such a brilliant voice.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by J-Spoon
Welcome to a year ago.

I think Brad Pitt is a very good actor. He might be able to pull of a Jeff Buckley. He would have to act a bit more girly than he usually does, but he could pull it off.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
yeah, but once again, Brad Pitt doesn't seem to have any musical talent. Or atleast he hasn't proven he does.
Brad Pitt would be a horrible Jeff Buckley. Smarmy confidence isn't what is needed.

This a seriously old debate. Go hang round some JB forums. Jeffbuckleycommunity has been discussing it for a year.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
I really like Jeff Buckley's music. Grace is a brilliant album, and Jeff has awesome control over his voice, but I'm not gonna continue blabbing about how awesome he is.

To be honest, I probably won't watch the movie because I don't often see movies, but there is a small chance that I would watch it.
I haven't heard one song by the guy, why would someone make a movie on him. Make a movie for a legend who is deserving like Neil Young or the Stones.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by slashVR
I haven't heard one song by the guy, why would someone make a movie on him. Make a movie for a legend who is deserving like Neil Young or the Stones.

Your ignorance of one of the greatest vocalists ever doesnt mean hes not worthy of this. Ive only heard one Neil Young song but Im not gonna open my mouth and blab about **** I dont know about.
Quote by slashVR

I havn't heard one song by Neil Young. Seriously get your head out of you ass. Just because you havn't heard him dosen't mean he wasn't a amazing musician.

has no signature.
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Your ignorance of one of the greatest vocalists ever doesnt mean hes not worthy of this. Ive only heard one Neil Young song but Im not gonna open my mouth and blab about **** I dont know about.

I'm just saying, this guy has never had a big hit. Whats he so famous for? Enlighten me.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
Quote by slashVR

Wait, so just because you haven't heard one song about him means that he doesn't deserve a movie?

They would make a movie about Jeff Buckley because he was one of a very select few musicians who actually died tragically. Not through drug abuse or a STD. I would watch a movie on Jeff Buckley a thousand years before one about Kurt Cobaine.
Quote by 11223344554433
I havn't heard one song by Neil Young. Seriously get your head out of you ass. Just because you havn't heard him dosen't mean he wasn't a amazing musician.

I didn't say he wasn't an amazing musician.

And to guy above me, I'd definitely rather any movie on any musician over Kurt Cobain.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
Jeff Buckley is famous for his album Grace, which was released in 1994. It was critically a popularly a huge success and it created an entire new standard in what was considered quality music. But He died in 1997 before he released or recorded his second album. He drowned to death in Wolf River Harbour while singing Whole Lotta Love, with no illegal drugs in his system, at 30. Buckley's father Tim Buckley (google him, also a huge critical success) died at 28 of suffocation brought on by barbiturates.
Led Zeppelin thought the sun shone out of his arse, for those asking what he has done. He could play better than Jimmy and sing better than Robert, all at the same time.

A men to that brother. What people forgot about Buckley was he was an amazing guitarist, his songs rarely showed his full ability, he could play any style amazingly well...

So any moer news/rumour about this movie
Jeff Buckley

R.I.P
Quote by LilacWine
A men to that brother. What people forgot about Buckley was he was an amazing guitarist, his songs rarely showed his full ability, he could play any style amazingly well...

So any moer news/rumour about this movie

Search bar: not just for elitists.

I commend you search bar ability.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by Pat McRotch

He was popular before he died.

Quote by Pat McRotch

Being the [kind of] little girl that i am, i WILL argue. Its what i do. YOU LIE. He's very talented. I thought he was great way before i knew he was dead.
Yes, it's a very old username.
Quote by gallagher2006
What did Jeff Buckley do to merit a movie? =/

Die. As much as I like his music, he wouldn't be nearly as popular if he hadn't died.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Page 1 of 2