for my school's jazz band i need a decent jazz guitar. do you guys have any suggestions for a lefty? thanks
Æ
i play my friends sheraton for jazz. hollowbodys are awesome for jazz, but my strat sounds good for jazz too. im sure you could get a dot or a sheraton left handed for a decent price.
ibanez make some good ones/good price as well
get a 355 if you wanna spend a lot or get the dot for a lot cheaper
Quote by dan123
ibanez make some good ones/good price as well
get a 355 if you wanna spend a lot or get the dot for a lot cheaper

Ibanez makes only 4 different left handed models and I don't think one of them is good for jazz.

Anyways, I'm a fellow left-handed player and I'm not to knowledgeable about Jazz, so I can't help you. I'm not to sure but would you be able to get any good sounds out of a strat or a hollow-body?
Get a lefty strat or tele.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Hollow bodies are nice for jazz but I saw a jazz guitarist with a modified squier stratocaster. In my humble opinion, any guitar with a single coil/light twangy esque sound can be used for jazz.
I don't even shred
Semi hollows are good for the traditional jazz tone. I play more acid jazz and fusion than old school, and I use my strat in the neck or middle "my favorite" position, with a moderate amount of gritty gain.

There are so many styles of jazz and tones, it all depends on the tone you're looking for.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
My HSS Strat sounds great for jazz. I'm in my school's jazz band as well
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Hagstrom viking? IMO best hollowbody for the price.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
Hagstrom viking? IMO best hollowbody for the price.

Hagstrom make a couple of different hollowbodies, including the Viking which gets great reviews. Elvis even played one back in the day, if that's worth anything.

They also make a semi-hollow body, which might be more versatile.

As a student, Hagstrom is a nice choice because they are relatively inexpensive, yet you get a guitar that plays as well as much more expensive models.

They are also friendly to lefties, offering a bunch of their models in left-handed varieties. You will be limited by the colour/finish choices, however.

--- D