So I'm thinking about investing in an iPod, and I'd prefer my many WMA music files to be converted to MP3, as opposed to AAC, and iTunes does.

Does anyone know of a decent, free converter that will convert all my .wma files to .mp3?

Thanks a bunch.
Yes. It's a sig. Get over it.

www.myspace.com/maddo69

Yes. It's my rig. Get over it.
Ibanez Apex 2.
ESP F-100FM.
Tanglewood Odyssey.
Boss GT-8 Guitar Effects Pedal.
Marshall MG100HDFX w/ AVT412X cab.
if you google wma to mp3 converter, im sure ull find something

can i ask y u are opposed to AAC? and the files will be stored on ur ipod that way regardless i believe
dude, windows media converter it should already be on your computer
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yeah, I believe Ipods absolutely require files to be AAC.

Seriously? Thats pretty gay, glad I have a Zune.
I used a converter for a while called MediaMonkey 30 day trial, but googel will produce far more reasonable results.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Actually, when you get iTunes, you can choose the option to covert it to anything you want, MP3, AAC, you name it. you just go to optioins and if you change it, everything you put on iTunes will be coverted to MP3
Last edited by columbianneckti at Feb 22, 2008,
itunes converts the files automatically when u drag them, it doesnt require extra time or ne thing, its just like u were using itunes ne way

how is that gay?
Quote by nt1440
itunes converts the files automatically when u drag them, it doesnt require extra time or ne thing, its just like u were using itunes ne way

how is that gay?

How can it convert a song in no time? It's gay because I prefer not having to convert my songs to play them on my mp3 player. Zunes can even play non-drm'ed AAC.
Quote by dark&broken
yup. apple product = necessary apple format. no choice there. converting to mp3 would just be waste of time.

Wrong
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yeah, I believe Ipods absolutely require files to be AAC.

Again, wrong.

People should do a bit more research before offering moot advice...

In iTunes, go Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Importing

The change the format to mp3. Now right-click any song in your library and you can convert it to mp3.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
thats it tho, YOU dont have to do ****, drag it into itunes like you would anything, and it converts in the backround, takes VERY little time

and a zune? u poor poor soul (unless of course ur happy with STOCK mp3 players, then its really any mp3 player is the same)
i think iTunes has a built in converter. but what other people saying that iPod only plays AAC is false, it 'prefers' AAC but will play back MP3 and other other formats (apart from WMA guess why lol? :P)
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Thanks for all the help guys
Yes. It's a sig. Get over it.

www.myspace.com/maddo69

Yes. It's my rig. Get over it.
Ibanez Apex 2.
ESP F-100FM.
Tanglewood Odyssey.
Boss GT-8 Guitar Effects Pedal.
Marshall MG100HDFX w/ AVT412X cab.