I have two amps that i want but can't diecide which one to buy. they are the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL Or the Rocktron V80R Vendetta.

Last edited by Slayer666_5150 at Feb 22, 2008,
Budget(include currency and location), style of music, and current gear please.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I love my 100 watt valvetronix, and i dont think the 30 watts go any differently. Great amps, I would recommend that.

It's great for practice because of the excellent quality modeling and effects, not sure if your planning on putting your own effects in front anyways but the amps' are great.
My budget is under 500 USD and I play classic rock to black metal.
Gear is Jackson RR3 Rhoads, Jackson KE3 Kelly, Jackson RR24 Rhoads, Boss GT-8.
Last edited by Slayer666_5150 at Feb 22, 2008,
Vox it up my friend.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Slayer666_5150
Gear is Jackson RR24 Rhoads, Jackson KE3 Kelly, Jackson RR24 Rhoads, Boss GT-8.

Save just a tiny bit more and get a B-52 AT-112. Either that or get one used somewhere.
Quote by Slayer666_5150
Gear is Jackson RR24 Rhoads, Jackson KE3 Kelly, Jackson RR24 Rhoads, Boss GT-8.

Why in the hell would you have 2 RR24's?

typo? .....
Get a Blackheart Little Giant combo... SO much better than a ****ty hybrid/even worse solid state. Only $250
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
yeah but would it do metal.....probably not so not a valid option.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Well then get a Bad Monkey to OD it...
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by acdcrocks0323
I don't think anyone ever listens to me.

lol its seeming that way -_-. but if he gets a b-52 that may be too loud. he wants a practice amp. doesnt seem like he wants to get really loud. but he hasnt said much so we cant really suggest a whole lot until he responds to our comments thus far.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Well when you recommend a 50 Watt All Tube $550 amp to a person whos first of all is looking for a practice amp, and posted 2 amps in the $300 dollar range, people aren't going to listen to you.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Well when you recommend a 50 Watt All Tube $550 amp to a person whos first of all is looking for a practice amp, and posted 2 amps in the $300 dollar range, people aren't going to listen to you.

i hate to say it but

OWN'D
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by mike.h

He stated that his budget was $500 and he can easily get a deal on the B-52 for that much. Plus, if he is playing metal he only needs preamp gain.

TS, don't get either amp that you listed. Try a Crate V16 with an OD to get metal. That is if you can't try out the B-52 to see if you like it. The V16 will be more practice friendly and more vintage voiced, though I can get Iron Maiden from mine with no pedal.
the Vox is the better option for me since it has the high gain i'm looking for and it's within my budget limit.
Quote by Slayer666_5150
the Vox is the better option for me since it has the high gain i'm looking for and it's within my budget limit.

The vox's high gain sounds are crappy IMO. If you already knew you wanted the vox and weren't going to listen to other options, why did you make the thread?

I say just save up to $600 and get a used F-30. Plenty of ballsy distortion and classic rock tone in a small package.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
He stated that his budget was $500 and he can easily get a deal on the B-52 for that much. Plus, if he is playing metal he only needs preamp gain.

Does he still need to shell out $550 dollars + tax just for a practice amp....
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by acdcrocks0323

TS, don't get either amp that you listed. Try a Crate V16 with an OD to get metal. That is if you can't try out the B-52 to see if you like it. The V16 will be more practice friendly and more vintage voiced, though I can get Iron Maiden from mine with no pedal.

An amp like the 60 watt B-52 has extra voltage going through the tubes, since usually, 2 6L6's put out 40 watts. For it to put out 60 watts, it's going to be hot. As a result, just with like any amp, 30 watts and up, there's a very fine line for the volume. It'll either be fizzy, or too loud for self practice, not to mention that 12 inch speaker in there.

The first thing we should know is what kind of practice amp? As in, light jamming with your band? Playing along to some songs? Playing alone at night when everyone's sleeping? Some of these situations require an amp like the vox, some require an amp like the b-52. If you're just looking for an amp to cover your late night practice, just use your GT8.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by mike.h
Does he still need to shell out $550 dollars + tax just for a practice amp....

No. He can hopefully find a good used one. I see what you are saying, but there aren't really any good high gain practice amps. The best practice metal setup was my amp with a metal muff. Now I haven't played that many but that setup was pretty good for practice. Maybe the TS can go with a small tube amp (VJ or Crate V8) and a metal muff? GOod enough for practice I suppose.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Do you need a hug? Come here I will give you one!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Maybe the TS can go with a small tube amp (VJ or Crate V8) and a metal muff? GOod enough for practice I suppose.

What I suggested in the first place ... =)
Except with an OD to push the amps natural tube distortion rather than using adding more distortion on top of it.

Basically to the Thread Starter:

BlackHeart Little Giant 5W Tube Combo - $250
Bad Monkey OverDrive - $50

$300 Total.

And 5W tube is as loud as a 30W Solid State amp... so dont get pushed away by the low wattage
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Last edited by mike.h at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by Slayer666_5150
the vox is way better than the spider III i got for my bday

Did you already buy the AD30VT-XL? If so...

EPIC FAIL
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by acdcrocks0323

I do, mate. You remind me of me, helpful and present, but easy to forget.

TS, go with the Valvetronix, but not the XL. The regular one is more affordable, and can get very heavy with the right settings.

Everyone else, I don't think he'd appreciate tube where he is right now.
Quote by mike.h
Well then get a Bad Monkey to OD it...

Link? I don't think you have any proof that a 5w with an OD will do modern metal.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i had a vox valvetronix AD30VT and ended up selling it. It was **** for metal, but very good for clean sounds. I've no experience with the XL but i've heard it's not too great and the Roland cubes are better
roland cube
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Slayer666_5150
can the regular valvetronix handle the high gain of black metal

No way. It is very weak at metal which is why I got rid of mine
NObody knows about The Rocktron combo? is very good for metal and you can punch the distorion amp with a booster or an OD and the Hush is on the distorted channel you nedd to test it and maybe you will not believe it, beutiful sound!