The title basically says it all
im a HUGE U2 fan and im looking for a better pedal for the Edge's delay
besides my Boss Dd-3
Can i get some feedback and/or help!?!?!?
U 2

Founder of the... "U2 is the best band in the world Club" ...PM me to join
The boss DD-6 is really good.. the 3rd guitarist in my band has one and it's amazing. Do you really need to spend the extra cash on the DD-20?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Absolutely NO on the Boss, they are terribly sterile and bland digital delays that sound like crap. If you're gonna spend that much the TC Nova Delay is the way to go, I've played one and it sounds very analog and rich and is very versatile. Also amazing in the price range but less versatile are the T-Rex Replica, Boss Space Echo (which doesn't suck like most Boss pedals), and the Carl Martin Delayla.
If you want to sound like the Edge then get a Deluxe Memory Man, thats what he uses.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
I can remember seeing in Guitarist that he uses an old Korg Delay unit for 'Still Haven't found what i'm looking for' but you cannot get them anymore. The DD20 would be an alright choice. For a cheap delay that can do a lot i suggest a Marshall Echohead. But if you want to spend a bit more i'd take a Nova Delay or a Line 6 Delay Modeller over the DD20

And Jonny02, if he uses a DMM. He uses two because he uses staggered delay times a lot.
Quote by Jonny02
If you want to sound like the Edge then get a Deluxe Memory Man, thats what he uses.

I think he's been using the Line 6 DL4 since 2004.

I'd go with the Nova, it's in a totally different league than the DD20. Dual delay lines, and audio tap tempo (synchronizes tempo your playing, not tapping the button) and great sounding when overlaying, noticeably less mud than most other delays.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
he also uses eventide rack-mount delays

But a TC NOVA or DL4 would work well, space echo does not work for the edges delay
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
yea i know exactly what he uses i just have two more affordable models in mind so im prolly gonna go with the TC then cause its alot like the TC 2290
which Edge has two of in his rack
U 2

Quote by Johnonon
he also uses eventide rack-mount delays

But a TC NOVA or DL4 would work well, space echo does not work for the edges delay

No he uses TC 2290 and SDD-3000 for delays
he mainly usees the eventide for the harmonizer
U 2