last time i was at the nashville GC, when i bought my squier deluxe, i noticed something that didnt really dawn on me until now. they have an older yamaha TRB 6 string. originally they wanted like 800 bucks for it. well, now its 500. im thinking about it alot. since i have a major GAS problem and i've always wanted a yamaha 6 string (you can tell im a Myung nut). but my thoughts have hit this. Soon i get my income tax check, and i have 2 5 strings (of alot less value) i was thinking about trading them BOTH in and getting it. think i should?
I'd turn in your least favorite five and keep the other.The wider fretboard intimidates me some.
Quote by matt-attack
I'd turn in your least favorite five and keep the other.The wider fretboard intimidates me some.

+1 thats what i would do.
btw,TS where in tennessee do you live?
then i wouuld turn in my slimmer necked schecter and keep my squier. Big necks dont intimidate me. its more comfortable for me to have a wider neck. my squier's got a pretty wide neck (i think all squier and fender 5's do, correct me if im wrong). but i did play the yamaha a while back and it felt like i'd been playing it all my life.

EDIT: i live in middle TN, about an hour and a half south of nashville
I'd trade one of the 5's and get the 6. I've always had a small thing for yamaha basses, let alone a nice TRB 6 string. Good deal, too
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
you have three beginner basses, why buy another? i say, buy one, "good" bass, 4 or 5 string. then worry about how many strings you need, to express yourself. $500 for a yamaha? somebody shoot me! lol
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
you have three beginner basses, why buy another? i say, buy one, "good" bass, 4 or 5 string. then worry about how many strings you need, to express yourself. $500 for a yamaha? somebody shoot me! lol

... a TRB series the new TRB's are like 8 or 900 bucks. the only difference is this one is an older model. and sorry if i dont have massive amounts of cash to spend on basses. i have 2 basses by the way. a squier deluxe jazz and a stiletto deluxe 5, both valued at 300. and what makes a good bass? the name, or how it plays? both basses play well, thats really all that matters. but i think the yamaha TRB would add new levels to my playing. and it would be my main bass. and the others would be backup.
Quote by damienblack333

EDIT: i live in middle TN, about an hour and a half south of nashville

holy shit i live like 30 minutes outside of mufreesboro.anyways,i would choose which bass plays the best that you own and trade the other one in and get the yamaha
Quote by damienblack333
... a TRB series the new TRB's are like 8 or 900 bucks. the only difference is this one is an older model. and sorry if i dont have massive amounts of cash to spend on basses. i have 2 basses by the way. a squier deluxe jazz and a stiletto deluxe 5, both valued at 300. and what makes a good bass? the name, or how it plays? both basses play well, thats really all that matters. but i think the yamaha TRB would add new levels to my playing. and it would be my main bass. and the others would be backup.

i'm sorry, i mis-read your original post.
i 'm just thinking after 2 begin/intermediate basses, you might consider a pro level bass. both your basses are fine, but they are not pro level. perhaps you should try a MIA Fender, or an EBMM. higher quality equipment sounds, and plays better. no offense intended, just my 2cents.
i just went though murfreesboro earlier this month to an audition to knoxville.

83les: its not really the quality of the insturment as much as it is quality of the bass player. i played the Highway one and the MIM. they dont feel right. i wont buy anything if it doent sit well with me. and i trust the Yamaha name. i owned the old rbx760IIa awhile ago. and love it.

metaluptheass: i would sell them individually. but this small town hasnt produced alot of bass players. and the ones it has produced, minus me. are affriad of having an extra string. but my shecter will probably go. i do like my squier neck