What the hell is it? I've heard that Lamb of God's drummer uses an electronic pad to "trigger a bass drop" live, and I have a feeling that it's that really deep, boomy sound you hear sometimes at like the beginning of breakdowns and stuff.

Is that what it is? If so, how do you create a sound like that in your own recordings? Can you synthesize it, or should you try to find samples somewhere?
Are you suggesting I tune my bass down to make a sound like that? There's no way that would sound even remotely close to the sound I'm thinking of, it's much lower than a downtuned bass and it's definitely electronic in origin
wow what a douche. but. I think a bass drop is what you thought it was like the beginning of breakdowns and stuff. but im not 100% certain on it though
Quote by Cameronrobson
Beat is for sunny bono! Beat is for yoko ono!

Whatever this guy's smoking, I want some.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by HoldFastHope
Are you suggesting I tune my bass down to make a sound like that? There's no way that would sound even remotely close to the sound I'm thinking of, it's much lower than a downtuned bass and it's definitely electronic in origin

lol, he's quoting public enemy

A drop (in dance music) is where the intro ends and everything drops into place. A bass drop would (I guess) mean a sub-bass (octave lower than regular bass) dropping in pitch from an upper range down to the actual sub bass range.
Quote by HH_Emo_666
wow what a douche. but. I think a bass drop is what you thought it was like the beginning of breakdowns and stuff. but im not 100% certain on it though

What the ****?

Oh, and you could probably find alot more drum info on something other than a guitar website.
two and a half men.
slow down a kick drum sample?

edit:
Strapping Young Lad make some good use of them
but they're gigantically heavy in any case
Last edited by seljer at Feb 22, 2008,
whitechapel has f*cking load of them, just randomly throughout their songs, give them a listen, still wanna know how they do it lol. My speakers rattle when they come through haha

edit: particularly the song Prostatic fluid (around 20 seconds...god i cum when i hear it)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Bass! How low can you go?

Death row! What a brotha know?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Death row! What a brotha know?

Once again back is the incredible
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Once again back is the incredible

The rhyme animal
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Cameronrobson
The incredible D

Public Enemy number one

Okay, as awesome as this is, I hate to hijack the thread too much. To the TS, I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't know how they get it live. I've always been curious about that actually.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
lol Anthrax and Public Enemy FTW!
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Well, I suppose I do know what one is after all.

Now I need to find out how to make that sound in my recordings.
Actually, i have an electronic kit and sometimes i'll run it through my guitar pedal, there is a sub-bass octaver setting on there that I could mess around with