ive recorded this song and so far im really happy with it

but

i think i shouldve recorded it in a higher key.

does anyone know how i can transpose it into my new key?

i want to go from E To G

im running pro tools
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
I'm no pro like, and i don't have pro tools but i imagine there is something in it that will adjust the pitch. However im sure it is used for maybe a full note of tuning at the very most! I think it is generally used to correcting the pitch and usually the pitch would only be a little bit off. Also i have heard that a lot of programs tend to speed the track you are changing the pitch of up as well. You would really need someone else to tell you which programs dont do that.

Besides from that all i can recommend is rerecording the track? And moving it up into the key of G this time. Sorry if i couldn't help no more.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Pitch shifting everything up 3 tones will be noticeable, and chances are it will sound bad. +1 to re-recording.
yea true

but like apple loops, in garageband, can be shifted to like any key and sound good
idk

anyone done this?
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
Last edited by guitargod5 at Feb 22, 2008,
The loops in Garageband might be MIDI based, and can transposed at will with no ill effects. Pitch-shifting audio is another story.
i know in audacity (look around for this in your program) that you can highlight the song and hit effects on the top bar thing, and then go to change pitch...and you can make it go up/down to watever from watever...so look around for that in your program...if you cant find it...just export it as an mp3...download audacity...import it as mp3...and do wat i just said you can do on audacity...if you dont feel like doing that ****...just export it as a mp3, send it to thekooliest09@yahoo.com (me)...and attatch it...and ill do it...export it as a mp3 and give it to you...hope one of those things work
+1 on the re-record. Some things pitch-shift better than others, and you can't always predict the results. Your mileage may vary, too, depending on how far you pitch-shift it. Three semitones will surely be tempting fate in the worst way.

If you pitch-shift the whole final stereo mixdown track, I can pretty much guarantee it will sound like ass. If you pitch-shift each track one at a time, your results will probably be better, but less predictable.

Geez.... I just shudder to imagine this. Rerecord.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.