i had this guitar, it was a maple something and it got all dirty both on fretboard and on the neck, i play a lot, like 6 hours a day, anyway i got rid of it

now i have an ibanez, rosewood fretboard + maple neck
the neck is starting to get dirty, like the old one, but im not planning on leaving this guitar so soon, so i need to know how to clean it

i googled and got some "lemon oil" stuff but i didnt find anywhere to buy that so what i need, is some kind of recipe or those weird recomendations (that actually work) to clean it lol

i hope i get an answer =)
thanks in advance
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
hey.. yeah, the neck and fretboard does get rather dirty if you play it for 6 hours lol..
but you buy some stuff called GHS Fast Fret and what it'll do is clean all your gunk and stuff off ALL of your guitar not just the fretboard.. and it even comes with a cloth to clean it as well..
anyways, hope this helped=)
plus it shouldnt cost much, here in Britain its about five pound which aint much lol
Do NOT use lemon oil.

Use a little turpentine, then buff the fingerboard, and you'll be set.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
lemon oil does not hurt the wood!! pretty ****ing sure turpentine would tho.
Quote by nath1142
lemon oil does not hurt the wood!! pretty ****ing sure turpentine would tho.

No, it doesn't hurt the wood, but it undoes inlays and binding glue.

Turpentine works fine. It's just pine resin.

So piss off.
Now it's 1984
lemon oil and terpentine work fine....funny how some people are lways like DONT use this.....etc.

I bought some stuff for 5 bucks at GC....but, honeslty, I find that just using a cloth and elbow grease works just as good, incase you one fo theose epople afraid to use any type of chemcials on your fretboard. You just need about 1 minute per fret, and you can easily get all the funk out.
A little plastic scrubbie works too! Don't get it too wet, but it makes the scrubbing easier. Don't use anything like steel wool or anything that has cleanser built into it. Just a simple plastic/nylon scrubbie.

Something like this:
http://www.nortonprocleaning.com/Media/Documents/S0000000000000001051/Scrubbing%20Pads%20-%20Plastic%20Mesh%20Scrubbers.jpg

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Feb 22, 2008,
1st thanks for all the replies, ill try to find that terpentine tomorow

but anyway, the dirt on the fretboard allways comes out easily just scrubbing, but the dirt on the neck i scrubed for like 10 mins the same spot last time i changed strings, and absolutely nothing came out so thats why i want some chemicals =)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
1st thanks for all the replies, ill try to find that terpentine tomorow

but anyway, the dirt on the fretboard allways comes out easily just scrubbing, but the dirt on the neck i scrubed for like 10 mins the same spot last time i changed strings, and absolutely nothing came out so thats why i want some chemicals =)

Remember, just don't go overboard with it. A tiny bit, a rag, and some elbow grease will get it clean as a whistle.
Now it's 1984