and asked them if they had a certain guitar around would they lie to me and say no?Should I just go look around in person?
depends on the place
but it's easier to go and make sure you can get a better price before they think to check how much they can really get for a guitar
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
If I was a pawn shop, I know I would try and get as many people not to buy things from me as possible.
two and a half men.
Am i missing something. Why would they lie?

Sorry, I'm drunk and Not making much sense.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
if your pawn shop is like mine, it sucks. i went in to look at some guitars to fix up. they had a messed up(no strings, scratches, cuts, no tremolo) fender standard strat for 425 dollars plus tax...
When all else fails, ask the pit.
They wouldnt know anything about guitars, so if you asked anything specific, they'd either lie or tell you to come in yourself.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
They would lie and say they don't. Afterall, why would they want your business.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
just go down and look yourself, most pawn shop owners have no idea what they're selling. they could be selling a made in korea fender for like 1000 bucks, or an american made for 200, and if you start pulling music talk on them and show that you know what your talking about, you'll be able to talk them down to whatever you're willing to pay.
Quote by flyingmarlin
Am i missing something. Why would they lie?

Sorry, I'm drunk and Not making much sense.

nah, ur making more sense than the TS. why would they lie. wouldn't that make you NOT go, thus reducing their amount of customers?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.