i enjoy using very odd arpeggio chords for a very sad sound. for example im working around this chord

X 0 7 5 6 0 i guess its an Am with a sharp 12 or flat 13 or sumthing? Im gonna call it Am(b13)

the changes i make to this arpeggio as i play it are very nonsensical or out of key like using 3 half steps, example i often change the A note to A# and B.

well though it sounds nice and the way i like it to, the lack of basic theory im using. (i know most theory, but im ignoring it for expressive and creative sake) Well because im a little freestyle with my chords and arpeggio's im having trouble writing the backing bass or chords to it, while still maintaining my sound.

any tips?
^It's not diminished. it's Am add b6, which could also be considered Fmaj7/A, though the Am chord is probably better.

Quote by Manjinken
changes i make to this arpeggio as i play it are very nonsensical or out of key like using 3 half steps, example i often change the A note to A# and B.
Explain this part.
Id say, on the bass just play the root note in tempo with the chord the guitar is play, unles you are looking to make it alittle more complex?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^It's not diminished. it's Am add b6, which could also be considered Fmaj7/A, though the Am chord is probably better.

Explain this part.

i guess i go out of key a bit, with the A sharp. I change the 7th fret to 8 then 9. A A# B.