For the passed couple of months, I have encountered a problem with my amp. For awhile everytime i would plug in it and turn it on, it would make this very loud noise as if it wasnt plugged it. I checked everything and everything seemed to be ok. The other day I moved it into my room and there was no noise, but now the only time I can get sound out of the amp is turn it on, plug in bass, unplug from bass, plug into bass. And even then, sometimes the sound gives out.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I don't think it's my bass cuz i tried all three of them and all three had the same problem.
Quote by SideshowRaven24
test the cable

ive tried 4 different cables, all the same thing.
Trouble shoot. Is it the bass? Try a different bass. Still does it? Is it the amp? Try the same bass with a different amp. Still? Try a different outlet. Still? Then all four of the cables you allegedly tried are broken and you need to buy a new one and try it.
have you checked the wireing of your bass jack? i've had similar problems in the past. and thats what it sound like to me
Quote by damienblack333
have you checked the wireing of your bass jack? i've had similar problems in the past. and thats what it sound like to me

I guess i'll check next.

I have tried a different outlet. (When I moved it to my room) and the loud noise went away, but either it cuts out after alittle while, or theres this loud feedback noise on no matter if I'm playing or even am touching the bass.

I've played with my bass and my newest chord at school on my teachers amp acouple of times and i had no problem at all aswell as with one of the other chords.

I only own one amp.
It's a Fender Bassman 60 combo amp.
just have the amp looked at. they have relativly simple circuits. just about any small electronics shop should be able to fix it. most shops i deal with have a minimum charge, ranging from $40 to $85(usd). the average cost is $65 an hour bench time, plus parts, (parts equal cost of parts+10% to 50% mark-up) unfortunatly your dealing with a decent, but inexpensive amp. sounds like it's time to upgrade. but your problem is probably simple. maybe $50 to $75 to repair. this is just a guess. if its still under warranty you need to take it to an authorized dealer. good luck!
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
just have the amp looked at. they have relativly simple circuits. just about any small electronics shop should be able to fix it. most shops i deal with have a minimum charge, ranging from $40 to $85(usd). the average cost is $65 an hour bench time, plus parts, (parts equal cost of parts+10% to 50% mark-up) unfortunatly your dealing with a decent, but inexpensive amp. sounds like it's time to upgrade. but your problem is probably simple. maybe $50 to $75 to repair. this is just a guess. if its still under warranty you need to take it to an authorized dealer. good luck!

K good to know. I just wanted to make sure. The last time I took my stuff into repair (it was the my bass) they said it would be like 70 dollars to fix, but all I need was to rework the neck alittle because I would get fret buzz alot after I restringed it. Then when i got it back it was like double of what they said because the guy just so happened to do alittle extra than wat we wanted them to do. And it was after I just put new strings on it (roughly a few weeks after) so i was done yet another like $30...lesson learned.