anybody who has a fender american standard strat, could you upload pics for me? i want to see all the different colors on a real background, not just the whitedrop behind it. i was thinking either blizzard pearl or candy cola. should i go for rosewood or maple fretboard? (jimi played a maple, and i was thinking i might go for it since ive never played one before) thanks!
Æ
Google.com
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
I just bought a 3 tone sunburst with the maple neck if you want to see that I could take a pic.
Well here's candy cola, but on a Tele. Not hard to imagine it on a Strat

And Blizzard Pearl

Rosewood and Maple both have different characters. Rosewood sounds ever so warmer. Obviously people will choose them according to looks, because Rosewood didn't come onto strats till the Late 50s or 60s, if you're looking for the really vintage look. But it's all up to personal taste really.
Ahh, well Rosewood is warmer, so that would be better. I say try one with Maple and one with Rosewood. Then you can see things that can't be known without playing them. Like which one your prefer the feel of etc.
Yeah, for me it's all about feel. If it has the right finish (a heavy lacquer is my favorite) then maple is the best, it's so smooth when bending and sliding on my tele. Then again, maple looks ridiculous on a Gibson, so I'm perfectly happy with my rosewood fretboard on the SG.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
rosewood is not only warmer, but it plays faster. Maple tends to slow my fingers, i guess it attacts finger funk, more than Rosewood.

All I know, is that i am cleaning my maple neck a hell of a lot more than the ebony or rosewood. Maybe its bc i can see the funk a little better? I dont know, btu I have manged to convince myself that maple necks make me play not as fast.
Quote by richgray5
I have manged to convince myself that maple necks make me play not as fast.

I find I'm faster on my Strat with the maple neck. I guess it's just a personal thing?

^^^That Blizzard Pearl with the maple neck looks soooo nice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster

My camera was on a kind of crappy setting so the burst looks weird, but the transition is smooth
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by ste993
I find I'm faster on my Strat with the maple neck. I guess it's just a personal thing?

^^^That Blizzard Pearl with the maple neck looks soooo nice.

yeah....its now confirmed.....its a personal thing.
I have Squiers with both neck types and the difference even with cheap guitars is noticeable. The rosewood neck tones down the highs and balances the guitar better, although a maple neck is better on a Tele.