I was looking at this EQ

MXR KFK1 Kerry Ten Band

the only reason I'm getting the kerry king version is because it comes with a power adapter.

I dont know what compressor/sustainer to get, since i dont have much experience with them, i was thinking the Boss one, or the MXR. but Im not sure. I basically want the compressor to sustain my notes, in high gain solos.

So any input would be helpful, thanks
I honestly wouldnt recommend a compressor. More times than not, if you dont know what youre doing with it itll just ruin your tone more than anything.

Id say to go to a music shop and talk to a guy there about the benefits/drawbacks of compressors.
Well if you want it for high gain solos you're already gonna have A LOT of sustain. But it will give you a fatter smoother tone with less dynamics. I recommend the MXR Dynacomp. However I recommend the Analogman Bi-comp a lot more...if you have a lot of money.
thanks alot,

I will obviously figure out how to use it, I just wanted something to give my solo licks a more of a rounded sound
Quote by woodsballplayer
thanks alot,

I will obviously figure out how to use it, I just wanted something to give my solo licks a more of a rounded sound

Ok, I wasnt sure if you were planning on using it for rhythm or solos. Theyre best used for solos to add sustain. But they do take a lot away from picking dynamics.
i suggest no EQ and no compressor. but i'm just a purist (aka. anal, freak) in tone.

i had an MXR 6-band EQ, and lemme tell u something. Don't get it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard