hug a llama
is comma happy
511 IQ
In PE we are doing a unit of step aerobics, and my teacher gave the students the choice of picking songs to listen to. Well I jumped to this opportunity to get something other than techno pop songs on her boombox. I blurted out the first song that came to my mind, "Suggestion" by Fugazi. Next week I guess she'll ask us for a whole new batch of songs to put on her CD. So I ask you, punk/ska forum to suggest me a few songs to workout to.

I know probably most of my class will hate my choice, but at least I'll be having fun
Mayor West
Silly yes, Idiotic...yes
136 IQ
Operation ivy would do just fine.
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
your_martyr
Your_Martyr
355 IQ
Give it all by rise against or Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedys, or last but not least Were Eagels Dare by the Misfits.
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by hug a llama
In PE we are doing a unit of step aerobics, and my teacher gave the students the choice of picking songs to listen to. Well I jumped to this opportunity to get something other than techno pop songs on her boombox. I blurted out the first song that came to my mind, "Suggestion" by Fugazi. Next week I guess she'll ask us for a whole new batch of songs to put on her CD. So I ask you, punk/ska forum to suggest me a few songs to workout to.

I know probably most of my class will hate my choice, but at least I'll be having fun

Yay! Fugazi!

Um...how about Charles Bronson - Obligatory Jock Slaughter Song, Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys/I Love Boys Hardcore (great for PE, because as soon as all the jocks realize it's queercore they'll freak), Casual Tees - Punk Rawk Luv (or whatever the **** it is), Minor Threat - Filler.
Cameronrobson
Self-proclaimed beatnik
389 IQ
Some Lifetime, Rites of spring, At the Drive-in ( I'm pretty emo ).
two and a half men.
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys, I Love Boys Hardcore

Everyone would be really confused for 55 seconds.
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by sargasm
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys, I Love Boys Hardcore

Everyone would be really confused for 55 seconds.

Second high-five of the day!
hug a llama
is comma happy
511 IQ
Quote by devourthekitten
Yay! Fugazi!

Um...how about Charles Bronson - Obligatory Jock Slaughter Song, Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys/I Love Boys Hardcore (great for PE, because as soon as all the jocks realize it's queercore they'll freak), Casual Tees - Punk Rawk Luv (or whatever the **** it is), Minor Threat - Filler.

Do you think that song is easily accessible to someone using itunes? I think My PE teacher uses that to get the songs instead of illegally downloading it. I might just go with this one just for shits and giggles
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
My sister has a book called Punk Rock Aerobics. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by hug a llama

Do you think that song is easily accessible to someone using itunes? I think My PE teacher uses that to get the songs instead of illegally downloading it. I might just go with this one just for shits and giggles

You could always just bring in a burnt CD and mis-name everything. It would be great.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
IlikeTheSKA
Respect my conglomerate
300 IQ
Punk Rock Aerobics used to be on Noggin.

I was laughing so hard when it came on during a commercial break while I was watching Degrassi.

Trust me, it wasn't my house, I had no control over the remote.
Or else I would have been watching Pokemon.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Punk Rock Aerobics used to be on Noggin.

I was laughing so hard when it came on during a commercial break while I was watching Degrassi.

Trust me, it wasn't my house, I had no control over the remote.
Or else I would have been watching Pokemon.

Wait, there's an actual punk rock aerobics? I must see this.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
IlikeTheSKA
Respect my conglomerate
300 IQ
Quote by StreetLight3989
Wait, there's an actual punk rock aerobics? I must see this.

This was about four years ago, though. I looked for it on YouTube, but to no avail.

But man was it hilarious. I remember one girl had like, a pink and black striped sock on her arm, and she was pumping her arm
up
and
down.

She said it was called the "arm pump".

Some of it hit a little too close to home, though.
Especially when they referred to "picking up change" as "picking up change".
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Feb 23, 2008,
Ramco
The Insanity Plaguing UG
256 IQ
I listen almost exclusively to the Ramones when I work out, especially their first album.

Also Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band's album "Hulk Rules" is kickass workout music. It's totally punx. I wanna be a Hulkamaniac, have fun with my family and friends...
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
This was about four years ago, though. I looked for it on YouTube, but to no avail.

But man was it hilarious. I remember on girl had like, a pink and black striped sock on her arm, and she was pumping her arm
up
and
down.

She said it was called the "arm pump".

Some of it hit a little too close to home, though.
Especially when they referred to "picking up change" as "picking up change".

Hahaha, hopefully they rerun it sometime.
crustyreed
493 IQ
listen so spazz. and do steps as fast they play, instant heart attack.
AlkalineCherry
lunchboxxer
716 IQ
there was a punk rock aerobics book (Or summat to that effect) put out a few years ago.
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
I should start a punk rock workout/aerobics/yoga/whatever group here. That would be pretty cool.
mike2
967 IQ
dude, this one song that is a cover of a billy bragg song by a band called 50 million, the title is a new england...that song is the ****.

also, a new age by the subhumans...

and one track mind by johnny t and the heartbreakers
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Last edited by mike2 at Feb 23, 2008,
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by sargasm
I should start a punk rock workout/aerobics/yoga/whatever group here. That would be pretty cool.

It sure would be.

"Okay class, we're done exercising, now let's all go drink a bunch of forties and make fun of some poserz!"

I could get into that.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by hug a llama

I don't know...I'm downloading iTunes right now, just for the purpose of finding this out...heheheh...
kaptink
whoa-oh-oh
651 IQ
Find something with really erratic time and tempo changes just so people spazz out trying to do star jumps to it.

Or straight edge by minor threat.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by sargasm

I can see it now, "And next we have punk rock aerobics with Jordan, today we are going to teach you how to mash 2 da Casualties."
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by sargasm

haha me and my friend are talking about running in summer. and we're both PONX as fux