hey there i was wonderin if i could get some second opinions.

i'm contemplating trading in my JCM900 head (and my cab if i really have to) for a marshall vintage moder 50 watt combo.

wat do you guys think? good trade? anyone have one of those combos?
any feedback would be really appreciated thanks.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Well the Vintage Modern does what it says on the tin. It can sound Vintage, or Modern. But i hear it's hard to dial in a good sound, The Detail is too thin and the Body can make the sound very muddy. I'd keep the JCM900.
i heard the vintage moderns are complete trash. i have played one and was really disappointed. i did compare it to a JVM2000 if i remeber correctly. a dsl40 (or w/e) sounded way better.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Is it a straight up trade? If so, trade the amps and sell the vintage modern. Then get really nice amp with the money you get.

what? first off, bad grammar. and secondly, how would that work. some general numbers would be nice. from the sound of it, it wouldnt be a good idea.

stay with the JCM TS.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
well i think i'll try one out, i just want something not so over the top (in terms of volume), so i was thinking about getting the combo. just wanted to see what the general concensus wat on the amp. thanks for the feedback though
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by giternator
what? first off, bad grammar. and secondly, how would that work. some general numbers would be nice. from the sound of it, it wouldnt be a good idea.

stay with the JCM TS.

I was saying that if it was a trade with no money involved he could go on with the trade and sell the vintage modern. I am pretty sure a used vintage modern is worth more than a JCM900 even though the JCM is the better amp. After that he can buy a nicer amp with the money he gets from selling the VM.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I was saying that if it was a trade with no money involved he could go on with the trade and sell the vintage modern. I am pretty sure a used vintage modern is worth more than a JCM900 even though the JCM is the better amp. After that he can buy a nicer amp with the money he gets from selling the VM.

Genius! I played the vintage modern.. I could not coax a good sound out of it. It was fizzy, scratchy, and lo-fi sounding. And the channels (or lack therof) are confusing for me!stick with your JCM900 or if there is no cash involved snag the VM, sell it, and buy a mesa or a vox... or a JCM800!