hey guys, i need to add about 1/8 of a turn counterclockwise because i need a tad bit of relief, and i cant find an alan wrench that fits it, american or metric, when i look at it, it actually looks round, but there must be some kind of head inside of it, its brand new and never been adjusted so being stripped isnt a possibility, does anyone know if it takes some special tool? the guitars ive had in the past were just easy alan heads. Its an ibanez RGT42DX
I'm not personally familiar with that model, but I know not all truss-rods use an allen wrench. Is it a roundish hole? Maybe a torque wrench of some type? Does it look like a roundish nut (no hole)? I've seen some that use a socket wrench for adjustment.

If it's brand new, did you get it at a retail store? They should have provided a tool for you to make adjustments.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."