hey guys, i have an ibanez RGT42DX and the action is 2mm on the Low E, and about 1.75mm on the High E, which is somewhat high. I would really like to lower it, but it wont lower without buzzing. to check the truss rod i pressed the 1st and 12th fret and checked it at the 6th fret, there was a slight gap, which i hear is perfect. Anyone else know why i cant get it lower without it buzzing?
Question is. Does it buzz through the pickups into the amp. My blueshawk buzzes a bit but it doesnt translate through the pickups. You really dont need that low of action its not going to help you that much in the longrun.
if the buzz IS thru the amp, then you might have a high fret.

depends on the string(s) and fret(s) that are buzzing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
2mm is average. its hard to do it yourself. take it to a professional and get the frets leveled, crowned, and polished. i think that's all you got left.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
mm? as in, millimeters?? thats not high, if that is truly what u mean. now, if u mean Centimeters, then u have a problem
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by jj1565
if the buzz IS thru the amp, then you might have a high fret.

depends on the string(s) and fret(s) that are buzzing.

+1

Have you checked to see if you get fret buzz on every fret or is it just on specific frets (and strings) that you get it?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Don't lower it then.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)