The sound I want is mainly an Angus Young sound. I also want to do some Clapton and some of the lighter Hendrix stuff. I have an Epi Valve Junior. Will a Bad Monkey achieve this? I can't afford a tubescreamer unfortunately.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ok sweet. It should be good for some blues as well?
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Yep, awesome pedal for the money. I'm thinking of swapping my SD1 for one.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
That Guv'nor sounds pretty cool...I'm split between them now.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I highly recommend the Bad Monkey. Just as effective as the tubescreamer for the musician with a low budget.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
The Guv'nor isnt analog and sounds digital and muddy. Please. DONT get attracted to the Marshall name. The MG has evoked a generation of tone-deaf teenagers who think their tone is t3h br00talz because it says Marshall on it
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^I don't think thr guvnor is analog either. It is a pretty good sound pedal though, especially for being digital ( I think).

Edit: according to GC's site, the guvnor is analog. The GC website also says that the bad monkey is digital even though it is analog.
Level up, gain down, lots of highs and a bit of lows on the Bad Money + tube amp being pushed = nice AC/DC tone.
12 fret fury
Oh my bad I thought the Guvnor was digital. I tried it out anyways and I wasnt to impressed. Sounded muddy and unclear.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
It's that damn "Deep" knob, gotta keep it low to keep the muddiness away. But otherwise a solid pedal.
I love my Bad Monkey. Best $25 (ebay) I've ever spent musically.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
The Bad Monkey is bloody great, it's easily comparable to a Tubescreamer, but they both have slightly different sounds. I'm sure it'll suit you right.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
+1 for Bad Monkey from here too. I wouldn't use it as my main distortion (right over my clean channel) but it's awesome, especially if you want to boost your solos.
From what you've just described, I'd say you're just asking for a Marshall Bluesbreaker.
well if you keep it on the clean channel it'll give you that bluesy overdrive tone. But I use it to boost my overdrive channel and I keep it on all the time. The bad monkey is an amazing pedal but it takes a second if it's your first overdrive pedal to figure it out. Even though it looks simple it takes some amp settings and settings on your bad monkey to get that perfect sound you were looking for. First day I got it, I was like man this ain't doing much. And then I tweaked with it and now couldn't live without it.