Page 1 of 2
ok some friends of mine are making a band to compete with me and my bands band(hope that wasent confusing...) anyways, the crap i keep hearing is there gonna have 2 drummers 3 guitar playes 2 bassists i think its insanely dumb whats your talke?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Its all talk. It will be a crappy Nirvana cover.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by St.Loony
2 bassists?

Good Id... Wait... What?

lol my drummer in my band quit so theres one drummer...who has no beat or rythym ....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Sounds like you're jealous.
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
dude, thatd be pretty sweet and it isn't everyday that you find a band with two bassists.

I personally want to start a band with rhythm bass, lead bass, and guitar. thatd be tight.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Incuboy49

+1
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Jelousy. It's tough to deal with.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
?

i cracked up lol
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
2 bassists could work if they were EQ'd right. And as long as the roles to which they were assigned worked together.
Quote by jackrocks4
lol my drummer in my band quit so theres one drummer...who has no beat or rythym ....

Then how exactly is he a drummer?
if they were good musicians they would know they need a singer and all those instruments put together will epicly fail...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
if they NEED 2drumers 2bassists n 3guitarists they must not be that good...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Well first...everyones talking about it being weird having two bassists....He also said 2 drummers..which I think is more crazier.

Second I doubt they'll be able to play in harmony with so many people, especially with TWO f*cking drummers.
Quote by Incuboy49

no offence but if i was jealous....i probabaly would have put tht instead of how dumb is this...
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
jealous much?

EDIT:
Quote by jackrocks4
no offence but if i was jealous....i probabaly would have put tht instead of how dumb is this...

I dunno... when most people get jealous, they rarely go out and say, "I"M SOOOO JEALOUS!!1!!one". Usually they go, "guys, how stupid does this thing my friend is doing sound?"
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
are allt eh members on stage at teh same time? cuz if its two drummers on full kits, then holy crap, talk about noise
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by jackrocks4

You don't want to admit you're jealous.
Quote by metaldud536
Well first...everyones talking about it being weird having two bassists....He also said 2 drummers..which I think is more crazier.

Second I doubt they'll be able to play in harmony with so many people, especially with TWO f*cking drummers.

one plays a simple beat. one plays a bunch of random crap.

you know it would sound sweet.

you know it.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
no vocals?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by albinokrikit
if they NEED 2drumers 2bassists n 3guitarists they must not be that good...

alright here all there is to know now...one of the drummers ive seen play and hes cool..but he sucks at drums...one of the bassist is our ex bassist he wasent all that good...the only good person in that band is a guitar player and he lears songs good but hes not too good at making his own stuff....
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Quote by algemar
jealous much?

EDIT:

I dunno... when most people get jealous, they rarely go out and say, "I"M SOOOO JEALOUS!!1!!one". Usually they go, "guys, how stupid does this thing my friend is doing sound?"

good point dude...im just not one of those people who hides things u kno?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
unless the drummers both have a really good sense of time its going to be tough to get them to synchronize with each other. Definatly sounds like a cool idea tho, I love the 2 bassist idea too.
i think a lot of ppl do this cuz i was gonna start a band with 4 guitarists, 2 bassists, 2 drummers, electric violin player, 3 singers, 2 pianists, and some dancers. Of course my friend and i knew all these ppl but most of them were from my original band and the others were just ppl we knew and thought wut the heck. Obviously this never worked out or ever works out unless ur slipknot.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by jackrocks4

I'm sure you would have big guy. Either that or you would have sub-consciously mentioned the fact that they started a band without you twice in your first post. Wait...
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
2 drummers? Their drool will screw the electricity system.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Incuboy49
I'm sure you would have big guy. Either that or you would have sub-consciously mentioned the fact that they started a band without you twice in your first post. Wait...

i dident ..or did i?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
one cool thing my band does is get all four of us working off of one drum kit. The bass player plays a simplistic beat from behind the set, the drummer works a few of the toms and the china, our rhythm guitarist (who is also a ridiculous drummer) plays the remaining toms and plays the bass drum from the outside like its a tom (sounds pretty kick ass, you should try it.) I of course, having no drumming talent, take care of the ride and crash. Good stuff. You just have to be able to work well. I highly recommend playing the bass drum with sticks from the outside. it sounds really cool.

EDIT: and that has nothing to do with this thread so....

plenty of bands play with two drummers. The eagles do it sometimes, i think Skynyrd did it, the allman brothers band did it..... yeah it works
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Last edited by atc228 at Feb 22, 2008,
Quote by jackrocks4
i dident ..or did i?

I could tell you were jealous from just reading the thread title
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr