i'm getting an xbox 360 and halo 3 as my first game and i have absolutely no idea what the plot is of halo...who's who, who's doing what, why all the fightin', any of it. so explain it to me please. also, i realize that you may like the ps3 or wii better or you may be all like "COD4 like pwns teh halo 3!!!1!11" but i'm getting a 360, i'm getting halo 3, and saying all of that won't change it. thank you. :
well
i cant
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
wikipedia is your friend... i'm sure their summary is better than the one i can come up with in 10 minutes
halo 1 - destroy a halo ring
halo 2 - destroy a second halo ring, activating 9 more
halo 3 - destroy the final rings, sending you into space aimlessly (beat on legendary to watch this video)

yes, halo 3 rawks teh COD4!!1!1!111!!!eleven!11
(online of course)
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
k, these aliens are all hating on tha MC but he's like " bitch what!? " and they are like " ****er we're taking you down" but they totally don't.
two and a half men.
definitely wiki

and for bonus points there's been several full length books and graphic novels as well. The 4 I've read weren't bad, really.
Nope, no sig here.
if you get the time and money, get the first two used and play through the story... its pretty enjoyable
Quote by mrwaffles
Psh...I seem to be the only person who still loves Gears Of War...

Nope, I also play Gears Of War..
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Halo: Humans are fighting the Covenant (group of aliens), Master Chief has to prevent them from blowing up the universe with the Halo ring.
Halo 2: Covenant attack earth, Master Chief finds another ring and has to destroy it too.
Halo 3: Master Chief and his lady robot friend do the nasty. Also, more of the saving.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by mrwaffles
Psh...I seem to be the only person who still loves Gears Of War...

Noo, I played Gears of War today! And I also downloaded the new Gears of War 2 Gamer Pictures! And... Gears of War 2 is coming out in November this year!

Basically just Google it. I had no prior knowledge of Halo before I played Halo 3. But I just killed everything and beat it.