Hey, has anyone here played and/or owns a Dimebag Razorback? I was thinking of getting one, but are they what everyone really thinks? I'd like some input on this one before I go spend money I hope I won't regret spending...

Thanks.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Don't try and sit down with one. The "razor" stabs you right in the chest.
Derp.
just go to a music shop that carries that guitar and play it. if you like it, go for it. i bet you will, its dean...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Thanks for the advice:P
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

well, does it have to be a razorback?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Quote by saulhudsonslash
well, does it have to be a razorback?

Preferably, yes. I like the tone of both, but the look of the razorback just owns a standard ML...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

well what model in general?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
have you actually gotten the chance to play it?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
Quote by saulhudsonslash
have you actually gotten the chance to play it?

Play it? No. Heard it? Yes. I like the tone, but is it durable? Will the bridge last? And what's so wrong about the Dimebucker? Lots of people seem to hate it...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Look at the new Dean Stealth ML (or if you want, the Washburn Stealth ML) sorta half way between RB and ML.
EDIT: If you get that, are you gonna leave the LFR and Dimebucker in it? I have no problem with my LFR (Washburn) but I hear they vary from brand to brand.
As for the Dimebucker though, I haven't heard heaps of great stuff about them.
EDIT2: About whats wrong with the Dimebucker, I heard it was something about it being to trebley and thin or something. I myself would still change it out of shear principle.
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Feb 22, 2008,
dimebuckers are allegedly very muddy, and as for the tone, it can be better, besides you can get better for the same price
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
Dimebuckers aren't great. Everyone says it, so there must be some truth. My roomate was dying to get one and I warned him. He got it an dnow he's getting something else because, "Dude you were right. I'm getting a SD or Dimarzio. This crap sounds like my HZ in the neck but brighter." I'd suggest getting the DFH since it atleast has a Bill Lawrence XL which is awesome.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Dimebuckers aren't great. Everyone says it, so there must be some truth. My roomate was dying to get one and I warned him. He got it an dnow he's getting something else because, "Dude you were right. I'm getting a SD or Dimarzio. This crap sounds like my HZ in the neck but brighter." I'd suggest getting the DFH since it atleast has a Bill Lawrence XL which is awesome.

+1 Bill L XL's are awesome.
Quote by Karlboy
Play it? No. Heard it? Yes. I like the tone, but is it durable? Will the bridge last? And what's so wrong about the Dimebucker? Lots of people seem to hate it...

I know you said you like the tone, but have you paid any attention to what amp (and effects if any) it was being played through?

The amp that it's played through is going to make up the majority of that tone you like, and unless you have the same amp and effects, it could very well sound very different when you get it.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
They're not very comfortable....I didn't get a chance to stand up with one but sitting down I had trouble doing the "normal" position and classical....The shape is made for looks I would say....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
personaly i have a Far beyond driven ml its almost exactly set up like the razorback but different body so if you want something cheeper go with the ml's
Quote by Hakael
I know you said you like the tone, but have you paid any attention to what amp (and effects if any) it was being played through?

The amp that it's played through is going to make up the majority of that tone you like, and unless you have the same amp and effects, it could very well sound very different when you get it.

+ loads
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com