Not sure if this is where it goes, but oh well.

whenever i tune down, i almost never tune down all 6 strings, even on tunings that require that. i'm just too lazy. does anyone else do this? here's an example:

normal tuning: EADGBE
Drop C: CGCGBE
Drop B: BF#BGBE
1/2 step down: DADGBE (drop d, just move everything one fret down)
Drop D 1/2 step down: CGCGBE (drop c, move everything one fret up on bottom 3 strings, down on top 3 strings)

i was just wondering if anyone else does this, or if its just me.
i just find it a huge waste of time to detune all 6 strings, unless it's a really low tuning. even then, it's only the 3 lower strings.
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
So your the guy at guitar center that just chuggs the same three power chords to sound hardcore?

this has nothing to do with this topic.
I'm just saying, if you're only downtuning 3 strings, then your obviously into the "br00talzz" so you just chugg away at power chords?
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
I'm just saying, if you're only downtuning 3 strings, then your obviously into the "br00talzz" so you just chugg away at power chords?

not all the time, but usually songs with downtuned guitars don't use the lower frets on the high strings, so it's pointless to detune those strings, in my opinion.
If you don't use them then obviously don't bother.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I like to play things besides *chug chug chug* when I downtune, so no.
sounds like you need a whammy pedal to down tune for you...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.