Hey, I play acoustic guitar (have 2) and am thinking about trying electric. Now I want a nice setup as you can imagine. I have been browsing craigslist recently and found this:

http://slo.craigslist.org/msg/561548316.html

I have been email-ing the seller and he would go down to $2,000.

It seems like a deal to me, and I find myself wanting it more and more and finding ways to justify it. Thought I'd run it through you guys here. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it.
It looks like a good deal except the fender cybertwin isn't too good.

Maybe buy it then resell it and then buy something better suited to you.
I don't like the cybertwin at all. If you're "thinking of trying electric" you could try it for a lot less money and still have decent equipment. Get a Vox Valvetronix or something.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
i say get it, sell the amp and footcontroller, and buy a better amp
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
nobody seems to like the Cyber Twin......but for a beginner, you could have days and days of fun with it.

at the same time, its overkill for whatyou need.......if you ever start a band playing guitar, you wont be using that amp.

I have seen they Cyber Twin SEs sell for around 600 on CL in los angeels. They somehow got a horrible reputation.

Overall, its not a bad deal.....but you could get a MIA strat for $500 and a good fender tube amp for 350. All craigslist prices of course....and you have to wait a little to find a good one.
Thanks for the input guys.

Ya in SLO craigslist is pretty bare. I originally thought a strat and tube amp but they just haven't been showing up.

How much do ya think I could sell the amp/foot controller for? Would it make it worth it to get the guitar? 2k is a lot to spend.
Quote by mnorlander
Thanks for the input guys.

Ya in SLO craigslist is pretty bare. I originally thought a strat and tube amp but they just haven't been showing up.

How much do ya think I could sell the amp/foot controller for? Would it make it worth it to get the guitar? 2k is a lot to spend.

no....dont buy it.

Like I said its not a bd deal if that is what you are in the market for. But your market is much wider than this.

You will probably be dissapointed with the Cyber Twin after a while. I love that amp, and would buy one if I had money to burn......to me it is a lot of fun, but I wouldnt want that to be my main amp, ya know? No matter that the retail price is, if pepole dont want them, they arent worth ****. Teh Cyber Twin falls into that category.

SLO isnt all that far, either. It may be worth it to line up all the craigslisters in one day......those Fender Deluxe tube amps.....there is like 3 posted a day. CL is where I bought mine.
Last edited by richgray5 at Feb 22, 2008,