that lead run in tell me right now is impressive but other than that i dont htink i really like anythiing alse. it sounds to mainstream
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
yeah the intro was really sweet but the rest of it was underwhelming in comparison. not that it was bad, but the intro was so much better, it was like a build up that didn't deliver. pretty good song though.
Yeah the opening was cool and in reality the song musically is pretty good. Those faster vocals part like "promise me now" and "seems like" etc. would sound much better if you would use some of the other band to sing back-up. When the lead vocalist sings both parts it just starts sounding lame...and thats a shame.

Good tune but try working in the backups more and see what happens. BTW all you guys sound pretty good.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
i really like this song, great synth sounds in there and i really like the lead line. production-wise there is nothing to really crit, there is a great energy to this song. as v8ko said though you should have a backing vocalist in there maybe not just to sing the faster lines instead of the vocalist, but what about having the lead vocalist singing something slower while the backing does the fast bit over the top? dunno if it would work just a thought though, since within the staccato sections it seems a little thin. overall great work though!
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
I hate this type of music, so its hard for me to give an unbiased opinion. I know what you're playing does sell and teenagers come out in droves to see it live.

The guitar playing was fantastic. Simple parts, but they totally rocked. The soloing sounds sweet in the mix, too.

The rhythm of the song is tight and catchy.

I don't know for sure about the woosh sound that comes up in the intro to the choruses. On headphones, its a bit overwhelming. I think what I don't like about it is the noise in it... a different synth sound with a cleaner tone might be nicer.

The vocals, well... this is where my biggest problem with this type of music is.... I'll just leave that one alone.

Check mine out? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792782
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Hahahaha, I think you guys liked the intro so much just because there was some fast guitar in it. I'm glad you liked it though.

And I'm not making this music to sell to other teenagers, ahahha, I'm writing what I feel, and this is the kind of music that speaks to me and makes me feel what it's saying the most. And a shredding guitar solo with pentatonic riffing doesn't explain that very well, hahaha!

But if you do want to hear a full out guitar solo in my music check out This Is Me, that one has a pretty lengthy solo section.

But that is a really good point you guys brought up about utilizing the backup singers, this the first song I wrote that doesn't utilize the other members vocals and it's because the vocal line is so high that a lower harmony just sounded lame and a higher harmony just sounded ridiculous. But I'll definitely mess with trading off the lines during the fast parts, that was a really good idea.

Thanks for the crits guys!

Also, could someone please explain what "woosh" sound the guy above me is talking about? I don't hear it. I hear it going into the last chorus, but I like it there and did it on purpose, going into the first and second chorus I don't hear anything though.
OK, so its only in the last chorus... but my statement still stands. It's a bit noisy. It is just my opinion, though, and that is what you asked for.

If this is the music you feel, then thats great. I'm not a fan of the genre. My statement about teenagers buying it was to backup the fact that my opinion doesn't mean anything... so don't take it to heart.

Seems like I offended you, sorry if you think that. I was just trying to hit you with my honest opinion.
My Music
no way dood, its cool, i posted it on here to get feedback from real musicians, because all ive ever gotten was good feedback from anybody who isnt a musician, so i wanted some good constructive criticism

of course "normies" (haha) enjoying my music is the most important thing to me, because that shows that what im making passes beyond the realm of composition, technique and theory into making something that people enjoy, but its cool to get feedback from people who do look at those things too

and about the whoosh, i can see what you mean, but obviously something needed to be there because there's such a long silence so something needs to lead into the last chorus, but i thought that a drum fill sounded lame when i tried it and a pick slide sounded equally lame, so i tried a reverse noise swell and i kind of settled on it, im not completely happy with it either, but i dont dislike it, so i see where you're coming from
I love the concept of the whoosh... I've used it in songs for my friend, but I just didn't like that particular whoosh sound. I haven't heard it on the stereo speakers, just in headphones. Headphones bring some stuff out you don't hear otherwise.

It was the the noise that bugged me.
My Music
I'm about 20 seconds in and Im already impressed lol.

I really like this, I think there is a bit too much bass on the intro though.

It's really bouncy, I like this... it's a nice change from what is usually posted on here. It sounded original as well, but I found the vocals a little too american.

It was catchy though, from what I heard, the lyrics were good.

I'm impressed man. Nice one, and thank-you for critting mine.
Quote by tobyaustin
I'm about 20 seconds in and Im already impressed lol.

I really like this, I think there is a bit too much bass on the intro though.

It's really bouncy, I like this... it's a nice change from what is usually posted on here. It sounded original as well, but I found the vocals a little too american.

It was catchy though, from what I heard, the lyrics were good.

I'm impressed man. Nice one, and thank-you for critting mine.

Its not my song but I havent a clue what that means lol....
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!