Holy crap! awesome much? its gotta be the best guitar under $800, right?

before i go ahead and buy it, has anyone had any major issues with it???

i play anything from AFI to trivium to green day to john butler trio, and despite it looking awesomely metal, i find it sounds perfect for anything i play

i also tried out a gretsch at the shop and had an eargasm... pity its $7000 =[

luv Benji
Just so you know, there are MUCH better guitars then that for <$800 (most schecters). Schecters will give you absolutely great BFB, and aren't too much more.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I could never own a guitar with goth in the name. It devalues it in my opinion. It's like calling a fine wine Chateu de tampon
Quote by _BucketHead_
I could never own a guitar with goth in the name. It devalues it in my opinion. It's like calling a fine wine Chateu de tampon

hehe

i tried a couple of schecters and they didnt really appeal to me... i wish you could sit in the shop and play it for much loinger than you are allowed to, because then i'd probably buy something that grew on me, not something i instantly fell in love with...

ive been going in every saturday for the last 5 weeks and playing it until they get annoyed with me just to make sure its what i really want... why the f*** is buying a guitar so hard????
Holy crap! How long do you stay in there? I sat in a Guitar Center for three hours playing guitars and didn't buy crap and just walked out. I'm not a bum either, other people did the same thing but were noisier about it.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
The only problem I have with my G-400 is it's neck heavy
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Schecter Classic or Hellraiser may be better for you.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
haha ive sat in there for probably 20 hours collectively... i wanna be REEAAAALLLLYYY sure its what i want
Do not get a g400 , especially the goth one. Go fall in love with a good guitar like a shecter or an ibanez. I reccomend an ibanez s470 or if you really really like the goth look then try an ltd viper 400(very similar to the g400 just all around better specs for less $). Those are x100 IMO and both are under 800.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
The G-400's i've tried in the store have been pretty good guitars.
I'm sure Shecter and Ibanez make some great guitars at that price even better than the G-400.

However if the TS specifically tried the guitar and liked it I think they should go for it. I don't know how the goth series is but the G-400 seems to be a decent guitar.

Still if you're willing you could look into some of the other brands that are being recommended. Most of them can make nice humbucker equipped guitars which should suit most of the things you play.

But if you like the Goth G-400 and have played it for a while then you should get it cause, we're not paying for your guitar and your gonna be playing it so get the one you like.

Just look into the other brands like Shecter cause you might end up liking it or maybe you'd find a good Ibanez.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by FRDesign
Ibanez Rg1570, best guitar for under $800

Hes true ya know.
Also, wait for the new bc rich's gunslingers, ofr, mahogany/alder, emgs/seymour duncans (cant remember if it was duncans or dimarzios) and they 599$
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by pcell619
The only problem I have with my G-400 is it's neck heavy
Well that's all SGs.
dont get the "gothic" one just get the black g-400 if you ever grow outta those styles of music your stuck w. a "goth" guitar and if u get the black G-400 then its all good
Quote by strings-N-stuff
not true, my G-400 has no neck dive. But the neck on the gothic SG is does weigh a bit but its nothing sereious.

Uhm, what the hell? How is that possible?
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by Benjibum
hehe

i tried a couple of schecters and they didnt really appeal to me... i wish you could sit in the shop and play it for much loinger than you are allowed to, because then i'd probably buy something that grew on me, not something i instantly fell in love with...

ive been going in every saturday for the last 5 weeks and playing it until they get annoyed with me just to make sure its what i really want... why the f*** is buying a guitar so hard????

You should be able to play as long as you want. I go down to the local music store at least 3 days a week and play the MIM Strat they have for an hour after school, and they don't mind. The guys that work there converse with me and jam with me occasionally.
dude i will sell u my epiphone goth sg-400 for $300 and its only two years old

it plays ****in sick
dude ill sell my piphone goth sg-400 for 300 and its only two years old
lol at ^ post first one said it plays sick, then the post after he took that out.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Quote by _BucketHead_

You sir, are getting sigged (if I have space)
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit