From what I've heard, the clean channel is all tube, but the OD channel is only half tube. They're great amps for the price, too. Haven't used one yet, but that's what everyone is saying.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i didn't like it. sounded like just a solid state amp. no pick dynamics, clean channel just sounded real thin and trebly, OD channel sounded a bit too stiff.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yah there really good
i really love it
its like having a modeling amp really
except its not digital
except for the effects

on and there not all tube i believe there hybrids
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 22, 2008,
I have heard they're hybrid, but with a tube power amp, which strikes me as better than a tube pre-amp. I'd still try and play one first.
If its the super champ XD you are talking about, it has a digital circuit in the beginning that leads into a 12AX7 tube preamp stage and then a push pull 6V6 output stage. If you are handy with a soldering iron its easy to mod a switch in to bypass the digital modeller and have a 100% tube signal.

Most people that I know that have gotten em have had good things to say about them.
I haven't played it, but I have to say that I'm wary of a 15W tube power amp from Fender with a digital pre-amp section that sells for less than the amazingly simple Pro Jr.

Hey, maybe it's great. But I'm skeptical.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Super Champ kicks large amounts of ass.

The Super Champ XD less so.
Quote by Axecutioner
If its the super champ XD you are talking about, it has a digital circuit in the beginning that leads into a 12AX7 tube preamp stage and then a push pull 6V6 output stage. If you are handy with a soldering iron its easy to mod a switch in to bypass the digital modeller and have a 100% tube signal.

Most people that I know that have gotten em have had good things to say about them.

I think it's more likely that the 12ax7 is the phase inverter, seeing as you need a phase inverter either way.