Well I went to GC and tried out the Peavey classic 30. Really liked it, and plan on getting it on monday.

but how can I warm up the tubes if theres no standby mode???

how long does it take for them to warm up?

and i've heard that the tubes on the C30 rattle, so is there a something that you can put in it to stop the ratting THAT IS NOT ON EBAY. I'd rather buy it at a local store, and if there isn't. well then i'm screwed lol
just turn it on and wait about 30 sec to 1 min

and im not sure about that, but if you cant find anything, just cut something out of a piece of styrofoam or cardboard
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Tubes don't take that long, typically 5 minutes. That's not a horrible wait.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
^A minute is what I wait and I make sure to wait more then long enough. 5 minutes is ridiculous.

Recommended is 30 seconds- 1 minute.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
^A minute is what I wait and I make sure to wait more then long enough. 5 minutes is ridiculous.

Recommended is 30 seconds- 1 minute.

+1. 5 minutes is just silly...it's an amp, not a piece of tissue paper. No need to be so careful.
How can yall do it... Waiting 1 minute drives me batty, i cant even imagine 5 minutes.... I remember another guy on here used to wait 30 minutes.... I would have never got a tube amp if any of that was true lol i think i would have shot myself by then...
ive heard that you can just wait with your guitar volume down. not sure if that accomplishes anything but oh well haha. and i wait about 30 seconds usually. during the wait i either A. turn my volume down and warm up a little bit or B. tune
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by clsscrckr91
Tubes don't take that long, typically 5 minutes. That's not a horrible wait.

Jesus, what amps do you play through?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
I typically wait as long as it takes for me to smoke a cig(anywhere from 2 to 5 min) its not a horrible wait. But you don't have to wait, but if you don't you'll wear out the tubes a lot faster.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Quote by Malarkatron
I typically wait as long as it takes for me to smoke a cig(anywhere from 2 to 5 min) its not a horrible wait. But you don't have to wait, but if you don't you'll wear out the tubes a lot faster.
Meh, there's nothing to prove they wear out considerably faster.

And rolling volume down does nothing.

Tubes normally take about 6 seconds to reach their normal working temperature, going from datasheets.

Standbys don't really affect tube life tbh, their only realistic use is for when you're on a stage, and don't wannt turn it off between sets.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Exactly. Though standby is very practical, since it drains the caps. If any of you have turned of a tube amp straight without putting on standby first, you hear big boom/pop. This can from what I read hurt your speaker and it's at least not pleasent to the ears.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^Exactly. Though standby is very practical, since it drains the caps. If any of you have turned of a tube amp straight without putting on standby first, you hear big boom/pop. This can from what I read hurt your speaker and it's at least not pleasent to the ears.

my marshal mg15 always does that pop, how do I fix that?

I'm going to end up selling it to pay some of the classic 30
Your MG15 isn't a tube amp. But try zeroing the volume before turning it off.
Quote by Dores
Your MG15 isn't a tube amp. But try zeroing the volume before turning it off.

lol yeah, that's why I plan on selling it :P

I tried putting the amp vol. all the way down, but I still hear it.

oh well
will something bad happens if i am playing my blues junior as i turn it on? lol and while it is turning on.
no, absolutely nothing bad will happen.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.