So this kid i used to go to school with had cancer during like 6th-8th grade. He lost his hair and went threw kemo...the whole nine yards. Well anyway he got over it fine.

During this time though, he had made a wish to the Make a Wish Foundation to meet the Foo Fighters.

Well the other night his dream was made and he got to meet the Foo Fighters backstage during their concert. He had a great time meeting them and hanging with them.

So their about to go on to play their encore and they come up to him and say hey man our drummers pretty tired do you wanna get out there and play?

So luckily he was a drummer and knew the song, but short story he went out and played the encore with the Foo Fighters infront on Madison Square Garden.

Pretty unbelivable to me.

Heres some videos of it-----

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mscOA_DubDE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRDlJUcd85M
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
You know it's not bs if the Youtube comments are nice
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Thats pretty cool.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
its sad that only kids with diseases get to do stuff like that, i don't wanna play with the foo fighters but thats not the point. what about us people who don't get those diseases? are we such bad people? are we not deserving because we're lucky enough not to be struck with illness? j/k no but seriously thats pretty cool. they lied to the kid though.... taylor hawkins... tired? i think not
thats well cool, they must have rehearsed before? how do they know he wasnt ****
thats pretty amazing , and your friend is quite good at drums
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by JimmyDean73
its sad that only kids with diseases get to do stuff like that, i don't wanna play with the foo fighters but thats not the point. what about us people who don't get those diseases? are we such bad people? are we not deserving because we're lucky enough not to be struck with illness? j/k no but seriously thats pretty cool. they lied to the kid though.... taylor hawkins... tired? i think not

yea i know, im sure they just brought him out there to play because ya know he was doing the whole make a wish thing. but its still pretty sick
Quote by Chungavelli
Quote by JimmyDean73

you do realize they probably had prior knowledge that he knew some of their songs on Drums, and painted the situation so it'd make the most surreal situation possible, right?

By the way, I like your breakfast sandwiches.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by TheHereAway
thats well cool, they must have rehearsed before? how do they know he wasnt ****

they honestly didnt rehearse or anything, but he had told them that he played drums and new alot of their stuff
Quote by Chungavelli
I'm sure he's flattered with how well you can spell 'chemo'

It's cool though
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Wow, that made my day.
Don't bash Hip-Hop or Rap, it just makes you look like an idiot.
Quote by JimmyDean73

dude, I'm 19, healthy and all, and when I graduated from high school when I was 18, I was a roadie for Great White. cool **** like that does happen to us too.

edit: also, i wasn't trying to be a dick, just read what i typed and I kind of sounded like one, just stating the facts. it could happen to you. sorry if I sounded like an a$$
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Feb 23, 2008,
not often, i got my big break in the breakfast business. but its luck for us; skill for these ill people
David Grohl looks old. But that kid is pretty amazing at the drumz. Lucky d00d
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Yea hahah hes definatly a lucky kid. Hes got some bragging rights around school now haha
Quote by Chungavelli
Last edited by volcomgrifter at Feb 23, 2008,