alot of people know about speakers and such..

so i have 4 12" subs in my car.. my amp gets its audio from my other speakers..

can i somehow put a capacitor on my 6x9 but still get bass at my 12" sub?
??? need a little more information on the problem to help you out, like how are your speakers wired are they powered by the radio or off of an amp?
how is your sub amp hooked up, are u using line level inputs or are you using rca cables?
This is completely the wrong forum. And what you said doesn't exactly make sense.

"my amp gets its audio from my other speakers..."

And as stated above, what are you trying to do?
Hi, I'm Peter
I think I understand. Wire your bass blocker caps to the + terminal of your 6X9 speakers. If you wire the sub amp inputs to the speakers BEFORE the cap, the entire signal will go to the amp, not just the treble. Make sense?
Quote by Losenger
I think I understand. Wire your bass blocker caps to the + terminal of your 6X9 speakers. If you wire the sub amp inputs to the speakers BEFORE the cap, the entire signal will go to the amp, not just the treble. Make sense?

lol damn drunk messages confused my self too..

what size cap would be good?? and type
It was all confusing up until Losengers post.

Is there already a capacitor in the circuit?

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
...People still hook up car audio in this fashion?
I wasn't aware amplifiers were still made that accepted high-level inputs.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
...People still hook up car audio in this fashion?
I wasn't aware amplifiers were still made that accepted high-level inputs.

Not everybody thinks about getting a head unit with RCA outs, even today. People need to do more research before they drop a couple of hundred dollars on pieces of gear they know nothing about.
The other way to go about doing it would be to make a passive pre-amp to stick between the head unit out and the amplifier/speakers. You can get much better control over the frequency shaping this way.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."