Well, I'm in the market for an OD pedal and I'm looking for a nice Tubescreamer-ish sound. The J&H sounds good, TS808 specs with a distortion side, but the DT just sounds...appealing with 2 of them. I play a lot of SRV-ish music, but how is the distortion on the J&H? If the distortion isn't worth it, I'll either get the DT or a TS808 modded TS7 for now and another one later on if I think I need it.
i think the distortion is bette for hard rock/metal stuff. if you dont play a lot of that, id go for the double trouble. also check out the route 66. its the overdrive, but with a compressor
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
A compressor compresses the sound. Makes the loud notes softer and the soft notes louder and can increase sustain too.
Id say go for the J&H because you never know if youre gunna need that more edgy distortion for solos or anything like that. And the distortion side of the J&H, btw, sounds really good.